Relevant Scale: MPS 1- 6 plus SEN allowance or UQT pay scale
- Overall classroom responsibility.
- To plan, prepare and implement an appropriate programme of learning for pupils.
- To assess and evaluate pupils' work and provide records of evidence of learning and progress.
- To lead a team of teaching assistants.
- To lead and monitor a subject/area of responsibility across the age and ability range of the school.
- To positively promote and contribute to the team ethos of the Academy.
- To take an active part in relevant meetings/working groups.
Please see job description and person specification on website for further details.
- SEN Allowance.
- Extensive Induction programme.
- Ongoing CPD programme and training.
- Opportunities and support for continued professional growth.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Reduced membership fee at local Health and Fitness Club.
- A positive and friendly working environment.
143 pupils enrolled
2 to 19
About Exeter House Special School
Exeter House is a forward thinking, aspirational and vibrant Special School in Salisbury. This is an exciting time for us as we are exploring opportunities for expansion and further development of our provision and aim to become a Centre of Excellence for the south of Wiltshire. We are committed to supporting our local community and have developed an outreach service. This has been exceptionally well received by both parents and professionals.
We are a supportive and caring school where we strive to enable everyone to be the best they can be. We not only believe in the extraordinary but seek it out in every student we work with and every staff member who works for us.
Exeter House is part of the Somerset Road Education Trust: a unique collaborative multi-academy trust, formed in partnership with St Mark’s CofE Junior School and Wyndham Park Infants’ School who share our campus. We also have an offsite vocational centre for our older students. At present the school caters for approximately 142 young people between the ages of 4 and 19 who have PMLD, SLD or Complex Needs. A significant number of students also have a diagnosis of autism.
We want to hear from you if:
- You are an exceptional practitioner with a proven track record in Special, Early Years, Primary or Secondary Education.
- You are able to inspire and motivate students to achieve their full potential.
- You have a passion to make a difference to the lives of students with a variety of disabilities.
- You are seeking to develop your career within a supportive and experienced team.
- We would consider a UQT will relevant skills and experience.
Somerset Road, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 3BL