We seek to appoint a Teacher ready to take their next big step in special needs education. We would like to hear from you if you are:
- an existing mainstream teacher, ready to make a serious commitment to professional development in special education
- an existing special school teacher, looking to deepen and extend your expertise in preparation for a leadership role
- an ECT looking to start your career in one of the UK's leading special schools
Just as we seek to give our pupils a fantastic school experience, we want every member of our team to find being part of Whitefield Academy Trust a fulfilling and enjoyable experience. Whatever their role, we are committed to supporting each team member and giving them every opportunity to progress their careers across our schools and services.
It's not always an easy job, but it offers huge job satisfaction. You'll be part of a supportive team and we'll teach you how. The Trust is noted for its staff training and professional development. There are opportunities to progress in your career through our internal progression scheme.
- A wide-ranging and high-quality CPD programme which can be tailored around each team member’s unique skills and career aspirations;
- A welcoming and inspiring working environment in which colleagues look out for and support one another;
- Opportunities to share best practice and ideas with colleagues across the Trust;
- Wellbeing support mechanisms including practical and emotional support;
- A competitive local government or teachers’ pension scheme, with defined benefits;
- Recognition of continuous service with Local Authorities and other academy trusts for various employment entitlements;
- Refer a friend to work scheme and earn £300;
- Interest free loans for bicycle purchase;
- Mentoring scheme.
You will be working with a team of knowledgeable and supportive specialist teachers and with excellent facilities. Our Professional Development Services offers excellent potential for continuous professional development and collaborates with the University of East London – you will have the opportunity to gain a Post Graduate Diploma in Special Education whilst working with us. Middle and senior leaders are supported to complete the National Professional Qualification for Middle/Senior Leadership.
If invited to interview, you will get a chance to visit different parts of the School and we will work to match your skills and aspirations to our needs.
About Whitefield School
Whitefield Schools and Centre is the largest special school in Europe and has an international reputation for its expertise and resources within the special school sector. The pupils on roll have a wide range of Special Educational Needs.In order to successfully address the children’s learning needs Whitefield Schools and Centre operates as three Specialist Schools - Sensory Impairment and Learning Difficulties (SILD), Communication and Interaction Primary (CIP) and Communication and Interaction Secondary (CIS).
This job post has expired.