Our vision is to educate children in the spirit of the Gospel Values and the traditions of the Catholic Church, nurturing the talents and potential of each individual. Our mission statement has been developed by our staff, pupils and parents. It reflects our beliefs and ambitions and is at the heart of all we do.
St. Mary’s education strives to go beyond academic excellence. It is a collaborative process between and among teachers and pupils which fosters personal, cooperative study, discovery and creativity, reflection to promote life long learning and action in service to others. Its ultimate goal is to develop people of competence, conscience and compassion.
God shines within our hearts. Jesus walks by our side. The Holy Spirit gives us strength.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with teachers to raise the learning and attainment of pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
- Promoting pupils’ independence, self-esteem and social inclusion
- Giving support to pupils, individually or in groups, so they can access the curriculum, take part in learning and experience a sense of achievement
If you are an enthusiastic and supportive Teaching Assistant who is committed to getting the best outcomes for pupils then we want to hear from you. The successful candidate will be able to build effective working relationships with pupils, parents and colleagues and will adapt their approach to meet the needs of all pupils.The St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi-Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to satisfactory references, which will be requested, prior to interview, an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, medical check, evidence of qualifications plus verification of the right to work in the UK.
Being part of the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust
On 1st September 2018, the St Ralph Sherwin Catholic Multi Academy Trust, part of the Diocese of Nottingham, brought together 25 Catholic schools located in Derby City, Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Nottinghamshire and Stockport together in partnership, to ensure the very best spiritual, social and academic experiences and outcomes for the young people in our schools.Everything we do is to better the lives and futures of our children, providing access to first-class teaching, both academically and spiritually and we are united by our collective vision to excel.
Why work for the St Ralph Sherwin Multi Academy Trust?
To find out why you should come and join our team, click on the link to our ‘Why work with us?’ brochure.
A summary of our fantastic benefits are as follows:
- Access to first class CPD opportunities.We also work in partnership with Nottingham Teaching School Alliance to deliver meaningful and relevant CPD. Our Leadership Academy identifies and develops future leaders.
- Genuine opportunities forcareer progression- with 25 academies in our family, and 84 academies across the Diocese, opportunities for career progression are a reality.
- Professional assistance- you will have access to an Employee Assistance Programme which provides confidential, independent and unbiased information and guidance 24/7. If clinically advisable, it also offers face-to-face counselling sessions.
- Pension- automatic enrolment into the Teachers’ Pension Scheme with 23.68% employer contributions, or to the Local Government Pension Scheme for support staff, one of the most competitive on the market, with employer contributions of above 20% in most cases.
- Terms and Conditions- we have committed to following nationally agreed terms and conditions for pay for both teachers and support staff.
For more information about our Trust and our Academies, please visitwww.srscmat.co.uk
Follow us on twitter @srscmat
Connect with us on linkedin
This job post has expired.