- Early years, KS1, KS2
- £25714 - £ 36961
SENDCo / Inclusion Lead job summary
St. Mary Magdalen’s is a lively, vibrant and successful Catholic Primary and Nursery School situated in the heart of Brighton city centre. The Governors are seeking to appoint a creative, strategic and inspirational SENDCo / Inclusion Lead to join our staff team in September 2022. Applicants will develop effective practice for pupils so that specific needs are addressed and pupils experience success and achieve academic and personal goals. You will work closely with our staff team to co-ordinate, plan and assess the SEND provision in our school.
We are looking for someone who:
• An outstanding teacher with an excellent record of raising standards for all;
• Is sympathetic and supportive of the Catholic ethos (even if not Catholic);
• Passionate about developing the whole child;
• Unrelenting in their belief of the potential of young people and the value of increasing aspiration;
• An inspirational role model and leader;
• Able to work in partnership with the SLT and Governors, leading on SEND;
• Able to lead and manage staff in developing and implementing effective provision for SEND pupils;
• Able to manage the interventions considered necessary for these pupils;
• Experienced in working with outside agencies;
• Experienced and knowledgeable in of working within the field of safeguarding;
• Aware of how to support pupils with emotional and / or behaviour needs in order to access a mainstream curriculum;
• Knowledgeable and experienced in record preparation and keeping, in relation to SEND pupils.
We can offer:
• An exciting opportunity to work in a school with kind and caring colleagues;
• Happy children who enjoy being at school and are engaged in their learning;
• A carefully considered approach to teacher workload;
• Continuing professional development;
• A close-knit staff team who are collaborative and hardworking;
• A good range of possible avenues for career progression, including subject and middle leadership opportunities;
• A bright, inviting classroom environment and grounds.
• A committed Governing Body.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.