- Job role
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Qualified Teachers Main Pay Spine
This is an exciting opportunity to join our large modern school located just off junction 24 of the M5 in a residential area in Bridgwater. We continued to be judged as Good at our last OFSTED inspection in July 2018. We are inviting applications from dedicated, inspiring teachers to join our school. There is currently no full-time teaching requirement in this role, although there will be regular opportunities to lead a class.
We are seeking someone who is dynamic and motivated who will:
• Place the needs of children first
• Lead, manage, develop and maintain high-quality SEND provision which enables quality teaching, excellent learning outcomes and success for all pupils
• Be able to motivate and inspire others
• Be able to communicate effectively with all members of the school community
• Share the vision of the school and enjoy helping to make it happen
• Be willing to enter fully into the life of the school and wider community
• Lead, manage, co-ordinate and support the SEND and mental health needs of the school
• A warm, caring and supportive ethos
• An ambitious, supportive and committed teaching team in our popular and successful school
• Children who are keen to learn
• A governing body committed to continuous improvement
• Excellent pastoral support for the children and families we serve
Somerset Bridge Primary school is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all its children and expects all staff to share this commitment. References will be sought and all successful candidates will need to satisfy the requirements of an enhanced DBS check.
This job post has expired.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 5 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 453 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 5 to 11
About Somerset Bridge Primary School
Somerset Bridge Primary School is a Community School situated on the outskirts of Bridgwater on the new Stockmoor housing estate. The school moved from its Victorian buildings to a brand new building in September 2010. The number of children has increased dramatically over the period of time from approximately 170 to approximately 460. As a result of this, the school has moved from 6 classes to a 16 class structure over a 6 year period. The school was extended for September 2012 by adding 4 additional classrooms with a further 2 classrooms in September 2016.
This is an exciting time to join our school; you will join a hardworking and committed team in providing the very best for the children in our care.
In addition to the Headteacher and Deputy Head, the school currently has 15 full time teaching staff, 2 part time teachers, a SENCO and a Family Support Worker. The teaching staff are currently supported by numerous Teaching and Learning Support Assistants, a Business Manager, a Site Manager and our office staff. We established a successful Nursery in June 2011 which also continues to thrive with approximately 60 children attending each week along with a breakfast and afterschool club.
Approximately 30% of the children are registered for Pupil Premium and approximately 20% of our children have English as an Additional Language (EAL). Most of these EAL children have an Eastern European background. We also have approximately 50 children with a range of additional needs with approximately 20 for whom we have applied for high needs top up funding. This mixture of children brings a lovely variety to our school and enriches the children’s experiences.
Arranging a visit to Somerset Bridge Primary School
Visits are warmly encouraged. please contact the school office to arrange.