- Job role
- Education support
SEND responsibilities (special educational needs and disabilities)
- Working pattern
- Part time
37 hours per week for 39 weeks per year
- Contract type
- £26,511 - £30,451 pro rata
Senior Learning Mentor
Wisewood Primary School
Required as soon as possible
Grade 6: SCP 21 - 26 £26,511 - £30,451 pro rata
37 hours per week 39 weeks per year.
The role of Senior Learning Mentor at Wisewood Primary School is an integral role. The successful applicant will take responsibility for the behavioural and pastoral support within school focussing on small group work, running 1:1 Interventions (eg. Lego Therapy, Theraplay, Flower 125, Teddy Bear group).
The successful applicant would be the Designated Safeguarding Deputy, supporting the Headteacher who is the Designated Safeguarding Lead. A large part of this role is supporting our families, whether that be through the PTA, Breakfast Club or through Transition and being a key member of the team for family liaison.
You will need to have:
• Excellent inclusive practice
• Demonstrate evidence of working successfully with children with additional needs
• Experience of Multi Agency working
• Excellent communication skills
• Minimum of NVQ Level 4 or equivalent qualification in relevant field
• Excellent numeracy/literacy skills – equivalent to NVQ Level 2 in English and Maths
We can offer you:
• Staff with a vision of excellence for the future
• Children who love learning and want to achieve
• A high level of community involvement
• A well-resourced and stimulating environment
• A strong emphasis on teamwork
• High quality CPD opportunities
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 4 to 11
- Education phase
- School size
- 160 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 4 to 11
About Wisewood Community Primary School
Wisewood Primary School is a Member of Tapton School Academy Trust. The Trust have a shared vision to ‘realise the life chances and dreams of every child’. Our mission is to provide a safe place to be, provide great teaching and learning and create an environment where all opportunities are within reach. Membership provides a range of opportunities for collaborative working and continuing professional development with a network of secondary and primary schools within the locality.
Arranging a visit to Wisewood Community Primary School
School will be closed w/b 25/10/2021 for half term and will reopen on 01/11/2021. However, Ben Ramsden can be contacted by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.