Senior Student Welfare Officer
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As soon as possible
20 March 2023 at 9am
6 March 2023
- View all Full timejobs - 37 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- £24,496 - £27,344
What skills and experience we're looking for
The ideal candidate will:
• be committed to Maltby Learning Trust's Vision and Values and the Academy's Key Drivers.
• be a driven, proactive, and positive individual with an unwavering commitment to continuously improving their own standards.
• have a true growth mindset, exceptional work ethic and a sense of humour.
• have experience of working with children and young people.
• have strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• have an understanding of pastoral procedures and behaviour management.
• have the knowledge and experience of the context in which Maltby Academy operates.
What the school offers its staff
In return we offer:
- An outstanding induction programme with supportive and dynamic staff.
- Mentoring and support from an experienced team.
- Dedicated office space which inspires outstanding performance.
- An opportunity to work collaboratively within a multi academy Trust.
Further details about the role
Maltby Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check
For further information please contact Kirsty Gaffney, PA to Principal: email@example.com
The 'Role Description' and 'Person Specification' can be accessed from this link: Maltby Learning Trust - careers
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Maltby Academy for an exceptional Senior Student Welfare Officer to work with an experienced and highly motivated team of professionals.
We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and talented professional to provide high quality pastoral care, support and guidance for students, identifying and removing barriers to learning, promoting health and wellbeing to secure positive progression routes. The role involves liaising with staff, multi-agencies and parents/carers to ensure that students develop the emotional, social and physical resilience to engage successfully with learning.
Maltby Academy already has a strong team of professionals delivering high quality learning in and out of the classroom who work together to achieve our Academy vision ‘to deliver exceptional learning experiences that enable all young people to thrive in a competitive world and lead successful and fulfilling lives’. If you feel you would like to be a part of that team and could make a valuable contribution to driving standards and performance to the next level, we would like to hear from you.
A visit to the Academy, so you can meet the Principal and key Middle and Senior Leaders is warmly encouraged, to enable you to discuss the post in more detail.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Maltby Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 19
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1139 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 19
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Maltby Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01709 812864
Maltby Academy is a mainstream, non-selective, state secondary school for girls and boys aged 11-19. The school is situated in Rotherham, South Yorkshire. There are 1,040 children on its roll. Our vision is to deliver exceptional experiences that enable all young people to thrive in a competitive world and lead successful and fulfilling lives. Maltby Academy has highly skilled, dedicated and talented teaching and support staff.
Arranging a visit to Maltby Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Seven Hills School
Granville Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S2 2RJ
Brinsworth Road, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S60 5EJ
Common Lane, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG20 8QF
Aughton Road, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S26 4SF
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Rotherham