- Higher level teaching assistant
- Grade 13
What skills and experience we're looking for
least 2 years’ experience in the classroom
classroom and behaviour management
in delivering interventions
commitment to supporting and developing learning programmes for individuals and
groups of pupils
- Can effectively lead the planning and delivery of
small-group intervention sessions as and when appropriate
- Supports the school’s vision and values
- Displays a clear vision and passion in their role and
can motivate those around them.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, organisation and
- Has some experience in line management.
What the school offers its staff
- A generous annual leave scheme for support staff (up to 27 days
depending on grade and length of service), in addition to paid Bank and Public
- Generous occupational sick pay scheme.
- 'Care First' Employee Assistance Programme.
- Occupational Health Service.
- Excellent Professional Development and career progression
opportunities. Incl. an annual CPD
Programme and financial support to subsidise participation in qualifications
that are beneficial to the role and Academy.
- Personalised mentoring, coaching and support programmes.
- Supportive behaviour policy.
- Reasonable feedback policy.
- Pension scheme for all staff (either LGPS, TP).
- Access to free staff car parking.
- A range of family friendly policies including enhanced contractual
payments for maternity, paternity, adoption, parental leave and flexible
- Subsidised personal IT Support from Apollo Technology for staff members.
- Canteen offering freshly cooked meals at competitive prices.
- An extended network of partnerships (inc. FLP).
- Good transport links (Train station and regular buses).
- Long service awards for staff who have been with the school for 5, 10,
15, 20, 25…yrs.
- July starts for early career teachers (ECTs). This is so they can get settled in before the
new school year and will be paid over the summer holidays.
- Teacher iPads to support and enhance teaching and learning.
- Milk for hot drinks provided for all staff & visitors.
- Refreshments during late parents' evenings/twilights.
This job post has expired.
About Selwood Academy
- School type
- Academy, Church of England/Methodist, ages 9 to 13
- School size
- 620 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 9 to 13
An Anglican /Methodist Foundation Middle school serving the needs of children ages 9 - 13 in years 5 - 8.
Arranging a visit to Selwood Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.