Specialist Teaching Assistant: Broadside Alternative Provision
This job expired on 26 May 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
As Soon As Possible
26 May 2023 at 12pm (midday)
23 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - 37 hours per week / 40 weeks per year (term time only plus 1 week)
Full-time equivalent salary
- Band 4 £18,799 - £19,891 pro rata (£21,205 - £22,437 fte.)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- To support the
learning and care of students attending Broadside Alternative Provision through
appropriate interventions that empower them to be able to raise their own
achievement and academic progress.
- To work with students attending Broadside Alternative Provision on 1:1 basis; in small groups within or out of teacher-led sessions, PD Days and in other curriculum experiences.
- To be able to prioritise own work, show initiative and be flexible in working across all areas of intervention.
- Improving the learning environment of the school by challenging students appropriately, providing mentoring and guidance as required.
- To attend and contribute to reports and planning or review meetings for students attending Broadside Alternative Provision, as appropriate.
- To provide professional learning opportunities, advice and guidance for staff to support them in meeting the educational needs of students who have or are currently attending Broadside Alternative Provision.
- To deputise for the Broadside Alternative Provision Manager in their absence.
- To foster positive working relationships with parents and outside agency workers for students attending Broadside Alternative Provision.
What the school offers its staff
Admiral Lord Nelson has a proven track record for providing a route into teaching for those with suitable skills and qualifications. We are fully committed to training and developing successful candidates and welcome applications from those with or without prior experience.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Admiral Lord Nelson School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1129 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Admiral Lord Nelson School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 023 9236 4536
Always oversubscribed, we are expanding our school so that more local families can experience the excellent education offered here at Admiral Lord Nelson School for over two decades! Therefore, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic Science teacher who works well in a team. We are looking for a specialist with strong subject knowledge, who quickly builds relationships with students and breaks down barriers to learning. We want a teacher who inspires children to achieve their potential and loves to see their students experiencing the joy of success every day in their learning! Salterns Academy Trust is a learning community where every member of staff understands the difference they can make to our students’ outcomes, both academically and to their personal development. Our commitment to being a UNICEF Rights Respecting School is at the heart of our inclusive ethos and curriculum, with mutually respectful relationships forming the foundation of our happy, successful school. At Admiral Lord Nelson School, we work collegiately with our partner school, Trafalgar School in the pursuit of excellence in Science education so that we are significantly improving the life chances of all of our young people in Portsmouth. We have a national reputation for being a truly inclusive school with excellent standards and principled curriculum design, having a very high Ebacc entry. Our deep-rooted and longstanding commitment to being a UNICEF Rights Respecting School led to us being the only school invited to a garden party with all the Soccer Aid celebrities hosted by the Prime Minister at 10 Downing Street and we have recently been reaccredited with UNICEF RRS Gold Award status in recognition of our ambassadorial work. We are equally passionate about promoting creativity across all aspects of our curriculum, for which we were the first school in England to hold a Triple Artsmark Platinum Award and were designated the TES Creative School of the Year for 2019. This is a genuinely exciting school to be part of, morally driven by our core values of Inclusivity, Wellbeing and High Expectations; we really do value our staff and place the voice of our incredible students at the heart of all we do!
Similar jobs nearby
The Polygon School
Handel Terrace, Southampton, Hampshire, SO15 2FH
Personalised Learning Assistant
Mary Rose Academy
Gisors Road, Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO4 8GT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Portsmouth and Hampshire