- Job role
- Special Educational Needs and Disability Coordinator (SENDCo)
- Working pattern
- Contract type
- Fixed term (12 months )
- Band 6 NHS
Speech and Language Therapists play a core role in school life, by not only supporting students and families directly, but by working closely with education staff to create a communication friendly and specialised learning environment.
Capella House School is part of the Auriga Academy Trust. Joint working, training and the sharing of resources are encouraged across the trust’s schools. The trust gives significant emphasis to providing all staff with focused professional development. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to further develop their experience and skills working with children with a greater range of SEND within a supportive multi-professional environments.
● Coordinate speech and language therapy for your caseload
● Administer appropriate assessments and use findings to inform therapeutic input
● Conduct therapy at universal, targeted and specialist levels
● Focus on whole-school, universal approaches to maximise outcomes for all students
● Deliver staff and parent training sessions
● Deliver 4 lessons a week (up to 7 students in each) focusing on a range of speech, language and communication skills
● Jointly plan and where appropriate jointly deliver lesson content with teaching staff
● Work with the multidisciplinary team including OT, specialist teaching staff and therapy assistant to deliver high quality outcomes for all students
BENEFITS OF THE ROLE
● Paid school holidays
● Small caseload of up to 27 students
● A supportive multidisciplinary team including a Lead speech and language therapist, Occupational Therapists, a therapy assistant, teaching staff and wellbeing specialists.
● Generous CPD/training opportunities
● Regular clinical supervision
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.