- Early years, Key stage 1, Key stage 2, Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Permanent | Term Time | 35 hours per week 8:45am – 3:30pm Inc. one evening until 5pm & one evening till 4pm
Full-time equivalent salary
- NJC Scale 4 Point 7-10 £24,705 - £26,064 Actual Starting Salary £21,250- £22,419 Pro-Rata
Speech & Language Therapy Teaching Assistant job summary
Phoenix is an outstanding
special school that now accommodates 474 pupils across multiple sites,
including the newly built Phoenix Upper School. The School is expanding its
team to meet the increasing needs of the school, which is a result of
substantial growth in pupil numbers in recent years. You will be joining an Outstanding
School (Ofsted November 2018) with a strong senior leadership team and
committed staff team.
We are looking to appoint
experienced Teaching Assistants who will work within a class team and will have
a key role in the implementation of Speech and Language programmes in the
- Develop and prepare visual materials for therapy and
- Work under supervision of a Speech and Language Therapist
and a class teacher.
- Provide effective support to less experienced colleagues,
modelling good practice.
- Keep written records of pupil observations.
- Assist in provision of training to staff and colleagues.
- Carry out general Teaching Assistant responsibilities.
The post will include
extensive in house and external training, to help further develop your skills
with the opportunity to obtain further qualifications in Language and
Communication. There will be support and
supervision from the Speech and Language Therapy Department.
Pupils are aged between 3 and 19 and make very
good progress with access to a broad, balanced and enriched curriculum. We are
accredited National Autistic Society School and have been praised for our
creative approach to working with children with autism and with their parents.
The school has won a number of awards including the NASEN Parental.
Using the application form
How to apply:
To discuss the post further please contact Ciara McCone by email
email@example.com or call 020 8980 4740.
Application can be found on school website www.phoenix.towerhamlets.sch.uk
Please return your completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not accept CVs
Closing Date: 9am, Monday 10th October 2022
Shortlisting: 12th October 2022
Interview: 2nd / 3rd November 2022
It will not be possible to re-arrange these dates. If you are intending to apply, please ensure you are available to attend for an interview.More on how to apply (opens in a new tab)
Download an application form - 66.2 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.