Subject Leader Business
This job expired on 2 June 2023
2 June 2023 at 9am
24 April 2023
Full-time equivalent salary
- United Learning Teacher Pay Scale - London
Subject Leader Business job summary
Subject Leader – Business Studies
Do you want to be part of a transformational team at one of the top schools in the country for student progress?
We are a high performing school and have a relentless focus on high standards in all that we do. We have a total belief that every student can be successful regardless of their starting point and we have a strong culture of excellence to achieve this. Students make exceptional progress during their time at Paddington and we are consistently in the top 1% of schools in the country for student progress.
We ensure that our classrooms are disruption-free so our teachers can focus on the main thing – teaching and learning. We have effective behaviour systems in place which means that behaviour is well-managed and teacher time is protected. We are renowned for the positive environment and strong relationships between staff and students. We like to keep messages and systems simple and aim to reduce workload by doing so.
Paddington Academy is a mixed Academy for 1,200 students aged 11-18. The Academy was judged to be outstanding by OFSTED in 2011 and was described by the Education Minister as a ‘jewel in the crown of state education’. Our thriving and oversubscribed Academy also has a large Sixth Form with over 300 students. Students excel in our Sixth Form and achieve exceptional outcomes which enables them to achieve their next step which for the vast majority of students is university. 95% of students went to university, with 49% gaining a place at a Russell Group university in 2022.
We are looking for someone to lead our successful Business team. We are seeking an existing middle leader looking to extend their experience, or for an excellent and experienced classroom practitioner seeking to move into a middle leadership position.
Paddington Academy is the lead school for United Teaching national SCITT and is a designated Teaching School Hub, so you will be able to access high-quality training at every stage of your career. We are fully committed to teacher and leadership development and training.
The ideal candidate will:
· Be passionate about their subject
· Be committed to continually improving their teaching and learning;
· Be committed to our ethos of high expectations
· Have the belief that every student can be successful;
· Have the desire to make a real difference to the lives of our students
· Have experience of leading a Teaching and Learning initiative in their department
· Have excellent understanding of curriculum in their subject
· Have excellent subject knowledge and understanding of subject pedagogy
· Keep up to date with current educational research
· Be a team player able to work effectively with colleagues across the organisation
Why work at Paddington Academy?
- We are a highly successful school, rated ‘outstanding’ by OFSTED with GCSE results which consistently place us in the top schools in the UK for student progress for more than a decade.
- Teaching and Learning is at the heart of what we do. Every decision is driven by its potential to impact on student learning.
- Our approach to teaching and learning is informed by robust research and is constantly reviewed and tailored to our unique context
- We have a consistent and effective approach to behaviour which means teachers can focus on the main thing – teaching
- We are renowned for positive relationships between staff and students and serve a community of aspirational students
- We have a large and thriving Sixth Form with high academic standards: 85% of A Level grades were A*-B
- We have been awarded a Platinum award for professional development. Our approach to CPD is personalised to ensure that every member of our community is provided with first class development opportunities
- We are the lead teacher training school for United Learning. Every teacher is a learner and we secure opportunities for staff to coach and mentor trainee teachers as a reciprocal learning experience
- We invest in the long-term career aspirations of our staff. We offer a well-established and successful pathway to educational leadership for teachers who aspire to lead in education
- Staff well-being is important to us and we believe in cherishing our staff. We work actively to reduce workload and to ensure our staff have support with any administration tasks so that they can focus their efforts.
About Paddington Academy
- School type
- Academy, Christian, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1234 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Paddington Academy website (opens in new tab)
Paddington Academy ensures that every student is well-educated, has the opportunity to attend university, and is able to lead a happy and fulfilled life.
Paddington Academy shares the objective of bringing out 'the best in everyone', enabling each student to become a balanced, happy and articulate person with the intellectual freedom to be creative; confidence to initiate; flexibility to respond to challenge, change and adversity; compassion to serve others; spirit to enjoy life; integrity to be trustworthy; and motivation to have a lifelong love of learning.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London