- £30,948 to £48,288 (FTE) based on skills and experience
Subject Leader - Business Studies job summary
Subject Leader - Business Studies
Dates: Apply by Monday 23rd May 2022
Contract type: Full Time/ Part Time
Contract term: Permanent
Salary: £30,948 to £48,288 (FTE) based on skills and experience
Start Date: September 2022
The Reach Free School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Subject Leader - Business to join our team of talented, energetic and visionary teachers.
Business Studies is part of the Enterprise department which also incorporates Computing and Food and Nutrition. The subject was introduced in September 2018 and is taught at the school as Business and IT at Key Stage 3 and at Key Stage 4 and Post 16 as a vocational option. In line with other subjects in the school, pupils begin Key Stage 4 during year 9 and have the option to trial the subject before making their choices. The subject continues to be a very popular choice across the school and we are committed to resourcing the subject sufficiently to ensure it is a great success.
We are looking for a Subject Leader who has a passion for Business Studies and demonstrates excellent classroom practice. You will hold and embody the highest expectations of your pupils and will have the drive and ambition to create an outstanding environment for learning, in Business Studies and beyond. You should also have a good understanding of the potential of technology to enhance learning.
This is an excellent career opportunity offering valuable leadership and management experience that would provide the ideal preparation for further middle or senior leadership roles.
The Reach Free School is looking for its Subject Leaders to:
- Be outstanding practitioners who inspire pupils and colleagues
- Be creative in delivering a rigorous, academic curriculum
- Believe that every child can and will succeed
- Be committed to securing the best outcomes for all pupils at the school with an understanding of how data can be used to maximise progress
- Have a passion for education and be open to innovative approaches in everyday aspects of school life
- Be excited about helping to design and create every aspect of the school, including the curriculum, policies and the extended day programme
- Be flexible, collaborative and resilient
- Support and mentor colleagues who are training
In return we will offer you:
- The opportunity to be a key member of staff and help build on the school’s successes to date
- A happy and supportive working environment with high expectations and standards
- Access to the latest technology to assist in developing your teaching and learning
- Competitive salaries, based on skills and experience
- A network of outstanding practitioners to collaborate with and learn from, both in school and across the Watford Partnership for Teacher Training
- A comprehensive professional development programme together with further middle and senior leadership opportunities
- Access to a BUPA cash plan to contribute to medical care
In order to attract the right candidates the position is being advertised as both a full and part time position.
The Reach Free School is a successful and rapidly growing secondary Free School, which opened in September 2013. The over-subscribed school is a popular choice for local families. In September 2018 the school moved into a brand new purpose built building right in the heart of the community that it serves.
If the challenges of working to develop a local school appeal to you, then we would like to hear from you.
Further information is available from our website: www.thereachfreeschool.co.uk
Potential candidates are encouraged to contact The Reach Free School with any questions on 01923 711517 or via email to Mrs S Berman, Headteacher’s PA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Apply by Monday 23rd May 2022
Interviews to take place: May 2022
The Reach Free School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. In accordance with our Safer Recruitment Policy we are unable to process applications without a fully completed application form. The successful applicant must obtain DBS clearance at enhanced level. The school will also carry out a prohibition from teaching check. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of your employment.
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Reach Free School
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 18
- School size
- 666 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
The Reach Free School is an 11 to 18 school in Rickmansworth, which serves pupils of all backgrounds and abilities. Opened in September 2013, the school was founded by a group of teachers and local parents in response to a significant demand for more secondary school places in the area.
All involved with the school have high aspirations for our pupils and high expectations of them. As such we expect all pupils to: commit their best efforts to all that they do; support each other to achieve their potential; work with their teachers to exceed their goals; demonstrate exemplary behaviour in all that they do; take pride in their school and its community within its walls and beyond; enjoy learning.
The Reach Free School plays an active role in the community, working with local businesses, supporting local events and providing a hub for local services. Pupils are very much involved in the school’s wider responsibilities, developing skills in leadership and decision making, communication and collaboration and independent, self led learning.
A sense of purpose and responsibility pervades lessons and activities at The Reach Free School and it is important that our pupils recognise their own responsibilities as members of the community. It is this that underpins The Reach Free School’s ethos; Achievement, Community, Enjoyment – ACE.