Subject Leader: English
This job expired on 27 May 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
27 May 2023 at 11:59pm
10 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Full time role
- MSP UPS
TLR 2a £7,368 (+ London Weighting)
What skills and experience we're looking for
- Develop the knowledge, skills and wisdom of our learners through reading, writing and talk;
- Empower creativity and provide the cultural capital our learners are entitled to;
- Inspire our students to be aspirational, lifelong learners and spark their curiosity;
- Develop and lead a collaborative team who will have the highest expectations of all students;
- Demonstrate leadership in your actions and conduct with your team and with students.
Teamwork plays an important role and our English teachers are keen to share good practice, resources and ideas. We are looking for a well qualified graduate with full QTS to join and lead our team to enhance this supportive team.We can offer you the support of a strong, hard-working team and the opportunity to work with students who aim to meet the high expectations we have of them. The Academy has a unique admissions arrangement in that it supports Catholic families and also admits 80 students from the community each year regardless of religious or denominational background.We are incredibly proud of our external examination results and the inclusion work that happens at the Academy which enables young people to thrive. St Paul’s has 1200 students aged 11-16 and is a diverse community centred on the charism of St Paul as a missionary, seeker of truth and a champion of justice.
What the school offers its staff
What we offer
- Excellent opportunities for professional development, including the Walkthru programme and resource support packages.
- Private healthcare benefits.
- Breakfast and lunch for all staff in the Academy Restaurant.
- Access to the on-site Gym facilities.
- The Elizabeth Line is on our doorstep, giving both flexibility in travel and access to a wealth of places across London, Heathrow, Reading, Slough, Kent and the South East. This supports a vibrant social and recreational lifestyle alongside the benefits of transforming the lives of young people.
About St Paul's Academy
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1160 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- St Paul's Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
St Paul’s Academy seeks to serve young people from both the Catholic and the local community, welcoming all those who embrace its values and share its quest for excellence: • To provide opportunities for young people to develop the knowledge, skills and wisdom necessary for effective learning • To enable learners to develop their intellectual, social, moral, spiritual and physical potential to the full in order to become proactive members of both the local and wider community • To increase aspirations by exploiting educational innovations and opportunities in the best interests of our students and staff
Arranging a visit to St Paul's Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Hinchley Wood School
Claygate Lane, Esher, Surrey, KT10 0AQ
Southborough High School
Hook Road, Surbiton, Surrey, KT6 5AS
Woodbridge High School
St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, Essex, IG8 7DQ
Raising Standards Leader (RSL)
Cleeve Park School
Bexley Lane, Sidcup, Kent, DA14 4JN
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London