Subject Leader: History
This job expired on 27 May 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
27 May 2023 at 11:59pm
10 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - Full time role
- MSP UPS Inner London
What skills and experience we're looking for
We are seeking a highly skilled Head of Department with a can-do ethos, drive, grit, and boundless enthusiasm. It is essential that our Head of History is a highly effective and suitably qualified teacher with an exceptional understanding of curriculum design, who is supportive of others and openly shares best practice, modelling this with their team. We are seeking someone who can share their passion for History and the power it has to shape, reshape and revolutionise humanity with students and who will inspire all students to have a love of the subjects involved.St Paul’s Academy is a school committed to social justice and effecting change. We are aspirational for all our learners and ensure that every single student is equipped for a post 16 destination and pathway that is best suited to them.We can offer you the support of a strong, hard-working team and the opportunity to work with students who aim to meet the high expectations we have of them. The Academy has a unique admissions arrangement in that it supports Catholic families and admits 80 students from the community each year regardless of religious or denominational background. We are incredibly proud of our external examination results and the inclusion work that happens at the Academy which enables young people to thrive. St Paul’s has 1200 students aged 11-16 and is a diverse community centred on the charism of St Paul as a missionary, seeker of truth and a champion of justice.
We are looking for someone who
- Has experience of teaching History across Key Stages 3 and 4 at least.
- Can manage and lead a department
- Instils a passion for History in all students, including high-achieving students
- Is an experienced History teacher/second in charge of a department
- Contributes to the catholic life of the school.
What the school offers its staff
What we offer
- Excellent opportunities for professional development, including the Walkthru programme and resource support packages.
- Private healthcare benefits.
- Breakfast and lunch for all staff in the Academy Restaurant.
- Access to the on-site Gym facilities.
- The Elizabeth Line is on our doorstep, giving both flexibility in travel and access to a wealth of places across London, Heathrow, Reading, Slough, Kent and the South East. This supports a vibrant social and recreational lifestyle alongside the benefits of transforming the lives of young people.
About St Paul's Academy
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1160 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- St Paul's Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
St Paul’s Academy seeks to serve young people from both the Catholic and the local community, welcoming all those who embrace its values and share its quest for excellence: • To provide opportunities for young people to develop the knowledge, skills and wisdom necessary for effective learning • To enable learners to develop their intellectual, social, moral, spiritual and physical potential to the full in order to become proactive members of both the local and wider community • To increase aspirations by exploiting educational innovations and opportunities in the best interests of our students and staff
Arranging a visit to St Paul's Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Hinchley Wood School
Claygate Lane, Esher, Surrey, KT10 0AQ
Anglo European School
Willow Green, Ingatestone, Essex, CM4 0DJ
Southborough High School
Hook Road, Surbiton, Surrey, KT6 5AS
Woodbridge High School
St Barnabas Road, Woodford Green, Essex, IG8 7DQ
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London