Subject Team Leader for History & Sociology
7 days remaining to apply
Start date details
Required October half term 2023 or September start if possible
6 June 2023 at 5pm
26 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Full timejobs - 32 hours per week Mon-Fri
- MPR/UPR + TLR2b (£4773.00)
What skills and experience we're looking for
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following;
▪ Qualified Teacher Status
▪ the ability to motivate pupils and achieve excellent results
▪ excellent organisational and ICT skills
▪ excellent subject knowledge and the ability to drive forward an innovative and impactful curriculum
▪ the capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team and demonstrate either proven leadership skills or the knowledge of key leadership skills and behaviours
▪ a passion for teaching History and the ability to share this with young people
What the school offers its staff
The Forest School is a successful and friendly 11-16 School, committed to achieving high standards and to developing the potential of all our students and staff.
There is also significant investment being put into the school in the refurbishment and redesign of classrooms as well as further redevelopment throughout the school. We are looking for an enthusiastic Head of History who is passionate about the subject, has the drive, ambition and ability to deliver inspiring lessons and be part of creating an exceptional place of learning where students make very good progress. This is an exciting opportunity to join an energetic, forward-thinking and high achieving school.
The school became coeducational in September 2021. This continues to be an exciting chapter in the success of The Forest School and an opportunity for you to join us in this journey.
Applications will be considered from candidates with all levels of experience.
If you are passionate about learning, determined to build relationships with young people, committed to working with the full range of pupils' needs and talents, and keen to work in a forward-looking school, The Forest School would like to hear from you.
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About The Forest School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1015 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- The Forest School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01403 756001
The Forest School is a highly successful, friendly and dynamic co-educational 11-16 School, committed to achieving high standards and to developing the potential of all our students and staff.
Arranging a visit to The Forest School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in West Sussex