Old Priory Junior Academy is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher who is passionate about teaching and learning and who can engage and inspire the learning behaviours that will support all children to achieve their best. In this role, you will be working as part of the teaching team, providing a mixture of whole class teaching, release time for teachers or working with groups of pupils.
Working as part of St Christopher’s Multi Academy Trust, this is an exciting opportunity to be part of an inclusive, caring and supportive team. We can offer a range of professional development opportunities, and are looking for teachers that relish a challenge, stand out from the crowd and really want to make a difference. We are looking a part time teacher between 0.6- 0.8 and there is some degree of flexibility initially for the right candidate.
Essential educational requirements
Relevant teaching qualification
Essential skills and experience
• Be dedicated to raising standards and removing barriers to learning for pupils, with the ability to challenge each pupil from whatever their starting point
• Have high expectations of themselves and pupils established in a positive, can-do and proactive nature
• Be committed to developing an engaging and exciting curriculum based on practical and first hand learning experiences, within and beyond the classroom making the most of our school grounds and local learning resources
• Be reflective and focused on learning, including their own professional development, with a strong pedagogical practice and philosophy that underpins their approach to teaching
• A welcoming, nurturing school with a strong ethos and values that underpin all that we do
• Children who are happy and motivated to learn and a supportive and welcoming staff team
• An exciting role within our growing organisation with opportunities for future career development within our own school and across our family of 17 schools
About Old Priory Junior Academy
- Ridgeway, Plymouth, Devon, PL7 1QN
- Old Priory Junior Academy website (opens in a new window)