Salary Range: MPS – UPS to include TLR 2.1 (2A) (Permanent)
Required from January 2023
The Governing Body wishes to appoint, from January 2023, an aspirational and enthusiastic Key Stage 2 Phase Leader and Class Teacher to join our highly dedicated Senior Leadership Team. Avishayes is a “Good” school, passionate about enquiry-led learning within our local community.
Avishayes is a one form entry Single Academy Primary School with its own Nursery class. We pride ourselves on having high expectations for all of our children and encourage staff to have the highest expectations of themselves as learners too.
You would have the opportunity to work within our committed staff team who work collaboratively to share best practice and provide a stimulating and engaging curriculum for our children. Weekly non-contact time is provided to carry out monitoring and planning for your Phase Leader role.
If you would like to work in a dynamic context and have a solution-focussed approach, then this is the job for you.
We are looking for a teacher who is:
- Passionate, creative and committed;
- Has the aspiration to improve the education for learners in their key stage;
- Committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children;
- Has energy and initiative;
- Has a willingness to share ideas;
- Has exemplary communication skills and team work;
- Able to promote high standards of achievement and behaviour;
- An excellent practitioner with well-developed classroom management skills;
- Able to plan and assess effectively for all children;
- Supportive of the ethos of the school.
In return, we can offer you:
- A school where ‘children get off to a flying start’ - Ofsted 2018;
- Enthusiastic children who want to do their best;
- Supportive parents;
- Happy staff, who work together as a team;
- A commitment to professional development;
- A vibrant school with plenty of outdoor space.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office for an appointment or to request a phone call from the Headteacher.
Application packs are available from the school website, please email completed forms to: email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
A DBS disclosure is required for this post.
Closing Date: Monday 3rd October 2022 9 a.m.
Interview Date: Monday 10th October 2022
Avishayes Primary School & Early Years Centre
Fairway Rise, Avishayes Road, Chard, Somerset