|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
We want to appoint a great teacher to join our school. “Hamilton School is an extraordinarily happy and calm place where, from very low starting points and sometimes difficult previous experiences, pupils make exceptional strides in their learning and in their personal development…It is an exciting place to work”
Are you a hardworking, flexible and enthusiastic teacher who wants to join our dedicated and committed team where all staff and governors share a total commitment to providing pupils with the best education possible? Hamilton School is a friendly, welcoming school with a supportive staff team where your professional development will be nurtured. Please look at our website and, in particular, the document, “What We Stand For” before deciding whether or not Hamilton School is the right place for you.
Successful candidates will:
• Have a desire to work with students on the autistic spectrum with the aim of transforming lives.
• Be willing, and able, to work effectively with all of our students on a daily basis
• Have a good knowledge of autism and a willingness to learn more.
• Be an enthusiastic, hardworking professional who can motivate and inspire children.
• Be punctual, reliable and have a real sense of perspective.
• Have high expectations of themselves and others and be committed to raising standards in teaching and learning.
• Demonstrate drive, ambition and openness to learning and personal development.
• Be an excellent team player and role model and be able to work collaboratively with all school staff. You will be part of a large class team and the need to be able to work well day in day out with other adults in a complex environment is essential.
• Be flexible to the needs of the school with an “I can do attitude” and willingness to move classes on different days to meet the needs of the school
• Be “radiators” who bring energy and positivity to the school.
• Have a commitment to safeguarding our students.
Essential educational requirements
Essential skills and experience
experience of teaching SEN pupils with autism, preferable but not essential
• An opportunity to have a very fulfilling and rewarding job.
• The chance to transform lives and make a vital contribution to society.
• A school where ‘doing the right things’ is always the aim.
• A hardworking and supportive staff team.
• A welcoming, active and supportive Governing Body.
• A highly supportive Senior Leadership Team.
• Excellent coaching and opportunities for professional and career development.
• A very well organised school including well established school systems and practices.
|School type||Special School|
|School size||125 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||4 to 11|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Hamilton School website (opens in a new window)|
About Hamilton School
Hamilton Road, Birmingham, West Midlands, B21 8AH