We would like to appoint an enthusiastic teacher to cover a temporary maternity vacancy in Key Stage 2.
You will be enthusiastic and energetic and have the ability to work dynamically with the whole team to help drive our happy and successful school on our learning journey. We are looking for someone who is naturally positive with a ‘can do’ attitude and who is genuinely passionate about education.
We are seeking a professional individual who:
- is committed and passionate about education and
supporting every child’s academic achievement and personal fulfilment
- demonstrates a naturally positive, empathetic
communication style and is successful at building relationships within the
- sets high expectations for children’s behaviour and
achievement and has the professional skills to support these expectations
- has a commitment to improving the quality of
teaching and learning by exploring new teaching methods including harnessing
proven and recognised innovations
Shirley Junior School offers you a friendly welcoming team who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for our children, excellent support, professional challenge and development, and a bright and welcoming environment. We are highly focussed on our goal: to nurture children so that they achieve their potential.
Staff benefits include:
- Excellent CPD opportunities and Training and
Development Programmes for all stages of your career
- An individual induction programme supported by a
- Networking groups for Teachers, Business Managers,
Site Teams and IT staff
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme or
Local Government Pension Scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement for staff working 52
weeks per year which increases with length of service
- Opportunity to become a school workplace Health and
Wellbeing representative, meeting with other schools on a termly basis and
feeding into the Health and Wellbeing strategy
- Access to the Trust Health and Wellbeing pages
- Access to a staff benefits portal through Sodexo
and Portsmouth payroll
- Free confidential telephone and face to face
counselling for staff and family members
All schools with the Trust are committed
to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and
expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We will ensure that all our recruitment
and selection practices reflect this commitment. All successful candidates will
be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service checks along with other relevant
This job post has expired.