Teacher / NQT of Design Technology (Maternity Cover)
1. To plan and prepare lessons to a high standard, using a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate student learning (appropriate to needs and demands of specifications taught).
2. To set and mark work, including homework in accordance with the school Marking and Feedback Policy.
3. To be fully involved in the monitoring process.
4. To encourage a learning experience which provides all students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
5. To assess, record and report on students’ progress and attainment, maintaining accurate and appropriate records.
6. To prepare students for examinations, internal and external, including assessment and recording of accurate data.
7. To carry out appropriate administrative tasks
8. To ensure that ICT, Literacy, Numeracy and SMSC are reflected in the teaching/learning of students.
9. To manage behaviour appropriately in line with the School Behaviour Policy.
10. To have high expectations from all students.
Essential educational requirements
Qualified Teacher Status
Newly Qualified Teacher Status
Essential skills and experience
1. The ability to teach the specialist subject to KS4 level
2. Knowledge of national curriculum requirements at KS3 & KS4
3. Good organisational skills
4. Effective planning and teaching
5. Ability to meet deadlines
6. Good ICT skills
7. Takes initiative
8. Self - motivated
The well-being of our staff is a high priority. All staff at The Deanes have access to high quality training to further develop their teaching practice. Staff can take advantage of free gym membership and we are fortunate to have an onsite children’s nursery which may be able to accommodate your childcare needs. There is ample car parking on site and we are well situated in South East Essex, with good links to public transport, within ten minutes of Benfleet and Rayleigh Rail Stations, where a 45 minute train journey will take you into London.
About The Deanes
- Daws Heath Road, Benfleet, Essex, SS7 2TD