- £32,960 - £52,976
Teacher of Art and Design job summary
Opportunity for exceptional candidates to create a brand-new PE department, shaping a new Ark secondary school in Ealing.
We are recruiting an exceptional team of staff to support the growth of a genuinely transformational school. The successful candidates will build a strong PE department, embed the school vision and develop an outstanding school that empowers our students to take responsibility and drive their own destinies.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow with the school. They will be supported in their development and preparation for future roles. Teaching experience will not be a determining factor - we welcome applications from NQTs as well as more experienced candidates. We will develop every staff member that joins our team, providing one-to-one support, coaching and mentoring and access to extensive network training.
Ark Soane Academy is part of Ark, one of the UK’s most successful school groups, with a network of 37 schools in 4 locations across the country.
As a proud member of the network, we offer:
• Twice as many training days as standard
• Weekly staff training designed to meet the needs of the school
• Coaching for every teacher
• Protected co-planning time
• Access to high-quality, regular professional development
• Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues across the network.
• Have an unwavering determination to deliver excellence for students from all starting points
• Share the Ark Soane beliefs, vision and mission and be aligned with the Ark six pillars underpinning it
• Be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations for every student in both academic achievement and personal development.
• Be committed to continually improving classroom practice and raising attainment.
• Manage behaviour effectively to create a positive, calm and purposeful climate for learning
• Have the drive, skills and resilient character required to help develop a new school
• Combine subject matter expertise with a passion for teaching your subject
• Be reflective about the Academy and committed to securing its continued development
• Value and support practices driving continued progress across the network of Ark schools
Ark MPS / UPS – additional teaching and learning responsibilities are available for the appropriate candidate
This job post has expired.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Ark Soane Academy
- School type
- Free School, ages 11 to 19
- School size
- Up to 1200 pupils
- Age range
- 11 to 19
Ark Soane Academy is a new secondary school in Acton that opened in September 2021 to 180 year 7 students. We will continue to grow by 180 students each year until reaching full capacity in 2028.
In September 2022 we will move into our new building with dedicated PE facilities enabling us to build an exceptional PE department and ensuring that our ambition for sports matches our academic ambition for the school.
Ark Soane Academy seeks to redefine what is possible in education: by insisting on the highest standards of behaviour; by delivering an immaculately planned and highly academic curriculum exceptionally well; and by providing our students with a compelling aspiration-raising ethos we seek to transform the future of students in a highly deprived community.
Our teachers are supported to uphold the very highest standards of behaviour through centralised systems and to teach exceptional lessons through shared planning.
Arranging a visit to Ark Soane Academy
Please contact the school