Teacher of Art
9 days remaining to apply
Job start date
1 September 2023
7 June 2023 at 9am
25 May 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Art and designjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours
Full-time equivalent salary
- 28000 - 43685
What skills and experience we're looking for
Who we are looking for:
- A strong, ambitious, and intelligent team player who is passionate about their subjectand in supporting young people to enjoyand succeed through the study of Art and Design.
- Aninnovative, resilient, creative and motivatedprofessional with an uncompromisingbelief that all children deserve anoutstanding education.
- A well-informed subject expert who is up to date with the latest researchdevelopments in their subject with an excellent understanding of curriculum design and effective pedagogical approaches.
- A respected teacher who sets the highest of standards for student behaviour andfocus.
- An organised, reliable colleague who is committed to working with staff and students to help them achieve.
This is an exciting time to join a motivated,
friendly and mission aligned growing team in a vibrant and successful school
community with many opportunities to develop in the future
What the school offers its staff
What we can offer:
- Excellent and positive student engagement in lessons supported by strong pastoralsystem
- An exceptional CPD programme which is research led, valuable and bespoke
- A growing school with incredible opportunities to develop, be promoted and take onfurther responsibility
- Allocated 16.7% for PPA per week for main scale teachers, giving more time forplanning, preparation and assessment.
- Additional time is allocated for staff with aresponsibility.
- A sensible approach to feedback based on a diet of whole class feedback, peer andself-assessment. No more marking for the sake of it.
- No implementation of gimmick teaching ideas, only evidence-based research thatdrives improvement and further innovation is adopted.
- A Staff Wellbeing group that regularly reviews our approach to workload andoperates a wellbeing policy.
- All staff have access to counselling, mental health support, physio and virtual GPs.
- A highly experienced, visible, and supportive Senior and Middle Leadership Team
- A sensible approach to everything that we do, taking staff workload intoconsideration.
You must be fully committed to optimising the opportunities that are available to children and young people, secure in the knowledge that you will be joining an ambitious, forward-thinking Academy Trust that sets the standards for our family of schools and academies.
The school is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children, and applicants will be subject to full employment checks, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
This post expects the successful candidate to safeguard the welfare of CYP and uphold your professional responsibility.
This role is based in the UK. Employment is conditional on confirmation of the right to work in the UK-either as a UK or Irish citizen, under the EU Settlement scheme or having secured any other relevant work visa. If you do not have the right to work in the UK, please consider carefully whether you meet the eligibility to apply.
Commitment to safeguarding
Applying for the job
Apply for the job by following the link belowMore on how to apply (opens in new tab)
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Cockburn John Charles Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1147 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Cockburn John Charles Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0113 4872800
Cockburn John Charles Academy is a member of the Cockburn Multi-academy Trust whose focus is on each individual, acknowledging both their rights and responsibilities. Teaching and Learning drives an ambitious curriculum that seeks to stretch and challenge all students through academic rigour. A strong care, support and guidance structure supports learning throughout the school. Through dedication and hard work our students will have a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment. We widen the aspirations of all students, to help them to reach destinations that are ambitious and fulfilling. We value the arts, both as part of the curriculum and as part of the school’s extensive enrichment and extra-curricular programme. We promote respect and good manners; these are fundamental to our school based on our shared Values and Expectations. We recognise the importance of each individual and the school’s place in the local community. We aim to promote lifelong learning by developing creative, independent and reflective learners. We believe in the equality of opportunity and in celebrating success for all. Arranging visit Contact 0113 4872800 location Old Run Road, Leeds, LS10 2JU. If candidates wish please contact us or email email@example.com
Similar jobs nearby
Barlby High School
York Road, Selby, North Yorkshire, YO8 5JP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Leeds and West Yorkshire