We are looking for an inspiring and energetic teacher of Art who is as passionate about developing their students as people as they are about their subject. As a teacher at Harris Clapham Sixth Form, you will join a dedicated and dynamic team of teachers and staff in supporting our fantastic students in our growing school in September 2024.
We are looking for a teacher for whom Art comes first; someone who can:
- Teach Art, enthusiastically, infectiously
- Make sure all students develop a deep understanding of and love for the subject
- Assess and intervene so that students reach the top grades
- Share a passion for pedagogy with other teachers, both within and outside science
- Develop and adapt the classroom curriculum to meet students' needs
- Encourage students' self-confidence and a commitment to their future so that they see and seize opportunities for personal, professional and academic growth
- Guide, lead, monitor and support a group of students as a form tutor
- Contribute to a wider passion for learning and the enrichment curriculum.
We encourage and welcome any applicant who meets the majority of our criteria to apply.
We want our students to be hugely ambitious, to dream bigger and to realise their aspirations, with the help of great teaching, a rigorous curriculum and a fantastic extra-curricular offer that broadens horizons and sparks curiosity. As well as our curriculum and enrichment offer, our students undertake a cultural perspective each term which opens up new worlds and ways of thinking. Above all, we really believe our students are capable of anything, and we are relentless in supporting them to pursue their ambitions.
Our opportunities for leadership development ensure that our students can make their mark on the world and to have the confidence and integrity to stand up for what they believe in. Our PRSHE curriculum supports our students to develop resilience and empathy, as well as building fantastic university and career skills for their brilliant futures.
We are a community who work together for the greater good of our academy; there is a culture of mutual respect and kindness between staff and students that I am immensely proud of.
Our academy is brand new and benefits from being a state-of-the-art building. It has been especially designed to deliver a Sixth Form education, including an emphasis on science, technology, engineering and mathematics-related subjects.
In addition to the opportunities for career development and progression, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance for teachers on MPS/UPS, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions, a Wellbeing Cash Plan, electric car scheme, and many other benefits.
The purpose of your role will be:
- To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
- To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a teacher/form tutor
- To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential
- To contribute to raising standards of student attainment
- To share and support the academy's responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth
Your main areas of responsibility will fall under the areas of:
- Operational and strategic planning (including lesson planning, developing resources and syllabuses, and contributing to the departmental plan)
- Curriculum planning
- Staff development (including continuing professional development and engaging fully in the Performance Management Review process)
- Quality assurance (including contributing to the process of monitoring and evaluating the subject area)
- Management of information (including maintaining appropriate records and tracking student progress)
- Communications with students, parents and other stakeholders
- Pastoral system (including being a form tutor to a selected group of students)
- Teaching, ensuring a high quality learning experience for students
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, references, an online search, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed.
This job post has expired.