We’d like to hear from candidates who are:
- An excellent teacher who is passionate about learning and has strong subject knowledge
- Able to maintain a positive growth mindset despite challenges they may face
- Collaborative, able to build strong professional relationships
- Able to motivate and inspire students and staff to achieve their full potential
- Energetic and have a can-do attitude
- Confident and has strong career aspirations
- Committed to safeguarding and the happiness and wellbeing of everyone at the Academy
- Prepared to be involved in leading co-curricular activities either within or outside of their teaching subject
- Committed to accessing the support from the Trust to improve their digital skills in preparation for becoming Level 1 Certified Google Educators
If you are looking for a new challenge in an exceptional new Academy we look forward to hearing from you!
In September 2021, we opened our doors to the 180 founding students of our co educational comprehensive school for 11-18 year olds. Already oversubscribed, our new school is firmly set to be a beacon of excellence for secondary education in Medway. The wellbeing and success of each individual child is at the heart of everything and we are driven by the belief that it is our role to ensure all pupils develop an appreciation of the limitless possibilities ahead of them. Every learner is entitled to an enriching, varied and personalised education; delivered through a broad and balanced curriculum that provides challenge, irrespective of need, starting point or background. It is our ambition that in our highly inclusive setting, all our students will flourish, becoming inquiring, compassionate and culturally aware young adults. We will work together to embed the essential skills, knowledge and attributes needed to be highly successful in achieving their own personal goals, as caring members of our community and as leaders in tomorrow’s world.
What we are offering:
- A salary commensurate with the profile of the post
- Bespoke CPD with mentoring and coaching opportunities
- The opportunity to work laterally across a number of Leigh Academies Trust schools to benchmark best practice and to be involved in teaching and learning innovation
Leigh Academies Trust and all of our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We adopt a fair, robust and consistent recruitment process across all academies and business units which is inline with Keeping Children Safe in Education guidance. This includes online checks for shortlisted candidates - you can read more about this in our Recruitment Guidance. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
This job post has expired.