Teacher of Art (Maternity Cover)
Required from the Summer Term (20th April 2020), a well-qualified, enthusiastic Teacher of Art to teach at this selective boys’ state school with a mixed Sixth Form and an exceptional academic and extra-curricular reputation. The Department achieves outstanding results and we are seeking an excellent classroom practitioner and a passionate advocate for their subject. We would welcome applicants at any stage of their career, and either full or part time applicants are welcome to apply.
Essential educational requirements
A graduate with a relevant degree.
Qualified teacher status is preferred.
Essential skills and experience
The ability to communicate a genuine passion for their subject and the capacity to teach to a high level.
· Strong subject knowledge.
· A record of securing strong examination outcomes (unless the person is a new entrant to the profession).
· A genuine passion for engaging with young people of all ages and to establish positive relationships including with disengaged students.
· An interest in contemporary thinking regarding effective teaching and learning.
· Excellent musical performing skills and experience, and a willingness to contribute fully to the department’s extensive extra-curricular programme
· Good keyboard skills and/or conducting and directing experience would be an advantage
About King Edward VI Grammar School, Chelmsford
- Broomfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 3SX
- King Edward VI Grammar School, Chelmsford website (opens in a new window)