Art and design
Fixed term (0.8 maternity cover)
Outer London Pay Scale
We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher who wants to join an excellent department. This post is suitable for someone who will embrace the opportunities of working in a leading edge school.
This position is for 0.8 maternity cover. This is a dynamic Art Department which welcomes a variety of approaches to the subject of art and design. Creative risk taking and managing the challenge of new concepts in art and design are department strengths. An ability to teach (or experience with) Ceramics and Photography is desirable but not essential. The successful candidate must be willing to develop teaching skills in these areas.
Applying for the job
If you wish to apply, and I hope you will, please complete the application form and add a short statement in support of your application (1-2 sides of A4) in the additional information section of the application form, or on a separate sheet. We will be using the person specification and job description both in our short-listing and the appointment, so please ensure you address the different points somewhere in your form or your statement. The completed application form should be either submitted online, returned to the school addressed to the Headteacher or emailed to email@example.com.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1503 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About Park High School
Park High is an 11-18 mixed multi-ethnic comprehensive school of almost 1600 students, situated in the London Borough of Harrow. There are very high achievement levels and excellent facilities. Ofsted (2013) judged the school outstanding in all areas.
We can offer:
• An exciting learning environment where challenging, innovative and engaging learning is at the core of all we do.
• An award winning vibrant school which continues to achieve extremely high standards, both in Harrow and beyond.
• A genuine and active pursuit of well-being for all members of our community.
• Outstanding outcomes with a significantly positive Progress 8 score and zero NEETS.
• Students who exhibit excellent behaviour for learning and a desire to acquire knowledge and improve themselves.
• A supportive, enthusiastic and inspiring within which team to grow and develop.
• An opportunity to develop your craft of teaching across three Key Stages.
Arranging a visit to Park High School
If you have any questions about the post or would like to visit the school, please do not hesitate to contact Mr Simon Lordan, Head of Art - firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school on 020 8952 2803.