Teacher of Art & Technology
This job expired on 24 March 2023
Start date details
24 March 2023 at 9am
9 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 1.0 FTE
What skills and experience we're looking for
The successful candidate will:
- Be an acknowledged outstanding practitioner of Art & Technology
- Have a clear understanding of the characteristics of high quality teaching and proven experience of teaching across the whole age, ability and behaviour range
- Be able to demonstrate their commitment to our students
- Motivate both colleagues and students to work hard and try their best through passing on to them their infectious enthusiasm and passion for their subject!
- Actively share good practice and seek to explore ways to improve their own and others’ teaching
- Work hard to ensure all students make at least expected progress irrespective of their starting point and individual needs
- Understand that behaviour management starts with the quality of teaching in the classroom
What the school offers its staff
At Changing Lives Learning Trust, we can offer you:
- A dedicated team of hardworking Trustees, governors and staff committed to excellence;
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- Excellent professional development opportunities;
- An exciting, modern, state-of-the-art building with unrivalled facilities.
- 24/7 access to an Employee Assistance Programme.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About West Lakes Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1218 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- West Lakes Academy website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01946 820356
We are a thriving, ambitious and forward thinking 11-18 academy situated on the edge of the beautiful Lake District. Our modern £26m building provides outstanding facilities, incorporating cutting edge technology which creates a bright and motivational learning environment. As a Teaching School and Multi Academy Trust we are building strong links with other schools in the local area and nationally. This role therefore provides significant career development opportunities as we continue to grow. We offer a comprehensive programme of individualised, evidence based CPD as well as encouraging colleagues to further their development through courses such as the National Professional Qualifications, a Masters degree, or supporting extra-curricular qualifications. The academy’s Sponsors - Sellafield Limited, the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority and the University of Central Lancashire have each played an important role in its success and are committed to its continued improvement.
Arranging a visit to West Lakes Academy
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Cumbria