Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Art and design
Fixed term (from 01/09/2021 until 21/07/2022, or post holder's return if earlier)
£25,714 to £41,604
• The provision of a full learning experience and support for students.
More on how to apply
• To set high expectations that inspire, motivate and challenge students.
• To ensure all lessons are prepared and delivered in accordance with the school’s teaching and learning policy and are personalised and differentiated to take into account student needs and prior attainment. These needs include SEND, EAL and gifted and talented students.
• To ensure that ICT, Literacy, Numeracy and learning skills are reflected in the learning experience of students.
• To assess, record and report on the attendance, progress, development and attainment of students and to keep and share such records as required.
• To evaluate and analyse student progress towards targets to identify individual and groups of under-performing students.
• To provide or contribute to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students and groups of students.
• To ensure feedback and marking provided to students, in both written and verbal form, supports students’ better understanding of their achievement to date and what is needed to progress further. This applies to class and homework.
• To undertake a designated programme of teaching
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
1554 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About The Castle School
Teacher of Art
Join us on our journey in making Every School a Great School
CSET is committed to equal opportunities and encourages applicants from all backgrounds and communities, as we recognise the importance and benefit this has for our pupils.
“Art has the power to transform, to illuminate, to educate, inspire and motivate”
The Castle School, part of Castle School Education Trust (CSET) is looking for an inspirational and innovative Teacher of Art to join us on a temporary basis from September 2021 to cover maternity.
Join us on our journey in making every school a great school.
We are a thriving learning community providing high challenge and support for our staff and students and are committed to equal opportunities. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds and communities, as we recognise the importance and benefit this has for our pupils.
The Castle School is an exciting and vibrant learning community where every student is supported to achieve their absolute best and we are proud of the encouraging and supportive culture our school has.
‘The Castle School Art department is a large team of creative individuals who work closely together to build and teach a lively and varied curriculum.
The successful candidate will be open to working collaboratively to engage and inspire our young people. They will want to show students not only their love of their subject but also the importance of creativity within any part of life.
Students are encouraged to think independently, particularly at GCSE and A'level and staff encourage students to be inquisitive about the subject and the world around them. Many of our students continue on to Art colleges or careers and have had much success following their time with the department.
We offer a wide range of specifications including 3d, Fine Art, Graphic Design, Textiles, and Photography.
We are looking for an individual who should have skills and interests in some of these areas as well as a passion for their subject and a desire to further their understanding of the specialisms at the school.
We can offer you:
Commitment to CPD and development of all staff including collaborative support and instructional coaching to allow teachers to thrive
A clear curriculum vision and focus on evidence-based practice
Commitment to inclusivity and fostering of diversity
Values and vision that are lived not laminated
Open and honest culture
So if you have a passion to opening the eyes of our pupils to all the answers art can give them about life and themselves, then please get in touch.
To register your interest in joining CSET please download our application form, complete, and email it back to our internal recruitment team - cset-recruitment
To keep up to date with all of our latest current opportunities please visit our Eteach Talent Pool.
The Castle School Education Trust (CSET) are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Successful candidates are subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post, which will include an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check for the children’s workforce and a Children’s Barred List check.
Further details and additional information about our school may be viewed on our website Castle School Education Trust - Home
CSET is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates are subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post, which will include an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check for the children’s workforce and a Children’s Barred List check.