- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Main Scale
Main Scale Biology Teacher
A Recruitment and Retention award may be available for a suitable candidate.
Required for September 2022, a teacher of Biology at GCSE and A level.
Ferndown Upper School is a very special place to work because we have well behaved students, who allow their teachers to teach, we focus on work life balance to ensure that staff spend their time on the activities that actually make a difference and we have a friendly and supportive staff body.
The Ferndown Upper School Science Faculty aims to create a centre of excellence for STEM. We have a strong reputation and full team of experienced teachers. The Science Faculty is a friendly, collegiate team, who work hard together to achieve high standards and have achieved excellent results. It is a strong faculty with high levels of recruitment and success at A Level, with many going on to take these subjects at University. There are four teachers of biology in the department, four physics teachers and four chemists.
We have a sophisticated range of STEM enrichment in place, including the EPQ, green powered car and careers events. To further enhance our provision we are now running ‘Triple for All’, which means all our students will be entered for triple science GCSE. At FUS, we only teach our students in separate sciences and believe that they should have access to teachers with specialisms and high quality subject knowledge.
We welcome applications from both trainees/ECTs and more experienced teachers of Biology.
An Application Form is available on our website www.fernup.dorset.sch.uk – please follow the link to Job Vacancies or via ‘apply now’ on the Dorset For You website. Completed application forms should be sent to email@example.com. If you require any further information, please contact Andrea Baxter on 01202 871243.
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 6th February 2021
Applying for the job
Please apply via Dorset For You or using the attached application form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload an application form - 49.5 KB
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 13 to 19
- Education phase
- School size
- 963 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 13 to 19
About Ferndown Upper School
What Ferndown Can Offer You:
• Great students who behave – you can make a difference to their learning.
• The opportunity to work with outstanding colleagues.
• Tight, robust behaviour systems.
• Highly visible and supportive senior leaders who have your back.
• Centralised detentions, including homework detentions (you do not need to organise/run/chase), helping to underpin impeccable behaviour, so you are free to teach.
• A feedback policy focused on whole class feedback – you do not need to mark exercise books – we do not have onerous or impossible marking policies.
• No formal graded lesson observations – just ongoing ‘no-stakes’ feedback, helping you to continuously develop – we believe that trusting our staff with autonomy helps to develop a strong staff culture.
• Centralised, shared units of work and resources.
• Excellent ongoing CPD, career development and promotion opportunities.
• Really well-kept site and a very pleasant location in beautiful Dorset.
Arranging a visit to Ferndown Upper School
Please contact Andrea Baxter on email@example.com