- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Physical education
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Fixed term (Fixed term contract for 2 terms in the first instance)
- MPS/UPS Outer London (£29,915 to £45,766)
We are looking for a dynamic and talented Teacher of Boys’ PE to join a thriving and highly successful department. The successful candidate should have broad-based subject knowledge in order to teach PE at Key Stages 3, 4 and 5, and be an ambitious person with high expectations for yourself and your students.
We offer a very extensive extra-curricular sports programme and manage a number of teams in numerous activities, competing at borough, regional and national level. The successful applicant would be expected to make a significant contribution to these.
We welcome applications from newly qualified or experienced teachers. Expertise in Rugby would be an advantage. Any cricket and athletics experience will also be welcome but not essential.
A full and clean driving licence would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will:
• Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high-quality learning experiences to all students
• Be a newly qualified or experienced teacher who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners
If you are interested in this position, please do apply today. We look forward to receiving your application.
Applications are shortlisted for interview as they are received so early application is encouraged.
Closing date for applications: 10am on Friday 15 October 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 19 October 2021
The appointment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment clearances including references, medical clearance and an enhanced DBS Disclosure. Orleans Park is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer.
What Orleans Park has to offer:
• a commitment to the professional development of all its staff to become outstanding teachers and leaders
• fortnightly CPD sessions
• Sixth Form in new buildings and facilities that opened in September 2014
• employee assistance programme – supporting staff wellbeing
• situated on a 16-acre site close to the River Thames and the centre of Twickenham
• easy access to central London and excellent transport links for bus, train, Underground and Overground services
• close to the M3/M4/M25 with staff parking on site
• staff travel card loans
This job post has expired.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1342 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Orleans Park School
Orleans Park is a happy, thriving, successful and oversubscribed 11-18 mixed comprehensive that serves its local community in Twickenham with over 1,350 students.
Here’s what Ofsted have to say:
In November 2017, Ofsted recognised that Orleans Park is an outstanding school. They said “Orleans Park excels in all the aspects of provision for its pupils” and we have “established an inspirational teaching and learning environment where pupils can flourish and excel”.