We are looking for a reflective practitioner, capable of demonstrating initiative, as well as being flexible and adaptable. You will ensure equality of opportunity, irrespective of starting points, to enable all learners to make good progress. You will have a clear passion for Business, a strong desire and commitment to share this with young people and the skill to translate this into engaging and impactful pedagogy. You will be ICT proficient and have excellent communication skills. You will also be personable and approachable and be able to quickly build warm and effective relationships with students, and colleagues in the School and across the Trust. Importantly, you will be a positive role model for students.
Downend School is an exciting and vibrant learning community where every student is supported to achieve their absolute best and every member of teaching and support staff play their part in creating this ethos. We are proud of the exciting curriculum, outstanding pastoral care and excellent opportunities for enrichment that Downend School provides.
Downend School is situated in leafy South Gloucestershire, but is less than 25 minutes away from the heart of the cosmopolitan vibrancy of Bristol City Centre. We offer the benefits not only of working in an exciting and supportive school, but also from being part of Castle School Education Trust.
We can offer you:
- Commitment to CPD and development of all staff including collaborative support and instructional coaching to allow teachers to thrive
- A clear curriculum vision and focus on evidence-based practice
- A commitment to inclusivity and fostering of diversity
- Values and vision that are lived not laminated
- An open and honest culture
- A commitment to the health and wellbeing of our staff
- Up to 30% discount with Microsoft & Dell
- Discounted gym membership
- Life Assurance - 3 x Death in Service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Dedicated counselling service
Downend School is looking for a part time Business Teacher, teaching 0.6FTE over 4 days. We welcome applications from those looking for full time work and would be able to offer 0.4FTE as a Cover Supervisor.
CSET is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Successful candidates are subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post, which will include an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check for the children’s workforce and a Children’s Barred List check.
This job post has expired.