Teacher of Business Studies and Economics
This job expired on 30 May 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
30 May 2023 at 9am
26 May 2023
- Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5
What skills and experience we're looking for
- To set high expectations for student performance.
- To be responsible for the planning, preparation and delivery of appropriate lessons and courses to meet the educational needs of the students in the teacher’s care.
- To use allocated PPA time appropriately to this end.
- To produce structured lessons with pace, which employ a range of resources and teaching styles to maximise student progress and enjoyment, through clear, shared learning objectives and outcomes.
- To write and update schemes of work/courses as required, where possible, working as part of a team, sharing good practice.
- To contribute to the development of the department and the school as a whole.
- To contribute to the development of the profession, through assisting with trainee teachers.
- To ensure that all students’ needs are met, in particular specific groups including SEN and HPA, liaising as necessary with support staff to provide differentiation and support.
- To set high standards and provide a role model for students and other staff.
- To incorporate Assessment for Learning techniques into lesson delivery, so that students are clear on what they have achieved and how they can improve.
- To establish and maintain a purposeful learning environment, which is attractive.
What the school offers its staff
Omega Multi-Academy Trust is committed to attracting, developing and retaining top talent to achieve high performance across all school communities. Vital to pursuing this aim is the recognition of employees for exceptional performance, behaviour and achievements. Our offer encourages such recognition of individuals and teams through a range of formal and informal methods. We are committed to encouraging positive work environments that promote the physical and mental wellbeing of our staff. The capability, capacity and comfort of our colleagues is a priority for us. Omega MAT Plus+ is an exclusive suite of benefits that is on offer to every colleague across the Trust. This is a gateway to a huge range of exciting benefits, including an Employee Assistance Programme. There is 24/7 health and wellbeing support available for everyone, as well as fabulous discounts against big brands and many high street stores.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Great Sankey High School
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 2118 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Great Sankey High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
I am delighted to share this amazing opportunity at Great Sankey High School, as we seek to recruit a talented and aspirational professional to join our team. I am proud to be the Headteacher of the school and I will lead the Great Sankey learning community to be an employer of choice who provides excellent teaching and learning with passion and purpose, based on our ten core values, devised with our students. Our mission is for everyone in our school to be happy and inspired by their school experience and for our staff this means working in a warm, welcoming and purposeful environment. This position is key in helping us to empower students to harness their own creativity, to raise their aspirations and to achieve their potential. Great Sankey High School was judged as ‘Good’ overall by Ofsted in 2017 and following our most recent inspection in March 2023 we retained our “Good” rating, with a positive report. We aim to continue a journey of improvement and transformation and I am determined to provide an exceptional quality of education and culture for all students, with the ambition that all will excel both academically and as aspirational and inspirational young people. There is no better time to join us, as a colleague, a leader or a student. MESSAGE FROM THE HEADTEACHER Our philosophy is grounded equally in securing the highest professional standards and supporting and caring for all professionals. Great Sankey High School is a founder member of the Omega Multi- Academy Trust and all staff benefit from exceptional networks and opportunities. A broad and varied professional development package is available, driven by the latest educational research with a focus on the development of all professionals at each career stage. Colleagues who train with us, grow with us and progress with us. The school is situated close to local transport links and is easily accessible from areas in the North- West. Our School has been over subscribed for a number of years and now boasts over 2100 students across Key Stages 3, 4 & 5. The school has Barrow Hall College, a large school based sixth form. Students and staff are incredibly proud of their school and are determined to work together to secure further improvements and achievements. Great Sankey High School benefits from increasingly impressive facilities and ongoing projects. The school has seen significant investment in a building and refurbishment programme, resulting in a range of new specialist science classrooms and new sports accommodation. So, if you are eager to join a forward-thinking organisation committed to securing the highest educational, professional and personal standards, are keen to learn, develop and work with colleagues, students, parents and the community and are passionate about transforming student lives and the opportunities provided to our communities then we would be delighted to hear from you
Similar jobs nearby
Woodhey High School
Bolton Road West, Bury, Lancashire, BL0 9QZ
Teacher of Business Studies, IT and Computer Science
Maghull High School
Ormonde Drive, Liverpool, Merseyside, L31 7AW
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Warrington and Cheshire