Teacher of Business Studies & Economics Fixed Term Contract 1 Year Sept 23
This job expired on 23 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
23 March 2023 at 5pm
10 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Full timejobs - Full time, term time Contract Fixed Term 1 Year starting September 2023
- Fixed term - Fixed Term Contract 1 Year starting September 2023
- Main Pay Range / Upper Pay Range
What skills and experience we're looking for
As an improving school, this is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic teacher with a love of their subject to join St Francis Xavier’s College. We are seeking someone who can share their passion for Business Studies & Economics to our students and to inspire all students to have a love of this subject. If you have the vision and skills to deliver inspirational teaching whilst having the focus and drive to ensure successful outcomes are reached across the department then we’d love to hear from you.
The Business Studies & Economics Department at the College is an outstanding team of professionals who achieve excellent results. We value challenge, active participation and motivation. The department is a positive, high achieving, forward thinking department who believes that every child can achieve in this subject.
The successful applicant will be an excellent and innovative classroom practitioner and is expected to be able to teach Business Studies & Economics across the ability and age range.
In addition, we are looking for the following qualities in the successful applicant:
- Knowledge of current curriculum developments in the subject and their implications
- Good knowledge and understanding of current educational thinking
- Good understanding of how children learn and how to raise standards of achievement
- Ability to build and sustain professional standards and relationships with students
- Ability to contribute towards creating a safe and protective environment
- A passion for education and making a difference
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Energy, enthusiasm, good sense of humour
- Emotional maturity and resilience in dealing with challenging behaviours.
What the school offers its staff
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Strong support to develop your subject
- Commitment to support your professional development
- Access to strong subject networks across Liverpool and the Archdiocese
If you believe that you have the energy, passion, resilience and drive to be part of our positive journey we would love to have you on our team.
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About St Francis Xavier's College
- School type
- Academy, Roman Catholic, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1083 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- St Francis Xavier's College website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 0151 288 1000
St Francis Xavier’s College, Liverpool was founded in 1842 and is a Catholic Converter Academy with a co-educational Sixth Form with a strong academic tradition and 1000 pupils across KS3/4. The Sixth Form has strong collaborative links with partner schools across the city.
Arranging a visit to St Francis Xavier's College
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Business Studies, Economics and Maths
Canon Slade School
Bradshaw Brow, Bolton, Lancashire, BL2 3BP
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Liverpool and Merseyside