As an improving school, this is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic teacher with a love of their subject to join St Francis Xavier’s College. We are seeking someone who can share their passion for Business Studies & Economics to our students and to inspire all students to have a love of this subject. If you have the vision and skills to deliver inspirational teaching whilst having the focus and drive to ensure successful outcomes are reached across the department then we’d love to hear from you.
The Business Studies & Economics Department at the College is an outstanding team of professionals who achieve excellent results. We value challenge, active participation and motivation. The department is a positive, high achieving, forward thinking department who believes that every child can achieve in this subject.
The successful applicant will be an excellent and innovative classroom practitioner and is expected to be able to teach Business Studies & Economics across the ability and age range.
In addition, we are looking for the following qualities in the successful applicant:
- Knowledge of current curriculum developments in the subject and their implications
- Good knowledge and understanding of current educational thinking
- Good understanding of how children learn and how to raise standards of achievement
- Ability to build and sustain professional standards and relationships with students
- Ability to contribute towards creating a safe and protective environment
- A passion for education and making a difference
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Energy, enthusiasm, good sense of humour
- Emotional maturity and resilience in dealing with challenging behaviours.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Strong support to develop your subject
- Commitment to support your professional development
- Access to strong subject networks across Liverpool and the Archdiocese
If you believe that you have the energy, passion, resilience and drive to be part of our positive journey we would love to have you on our team.
Safeguarding of our pupils is a priority
All posts are subject to enhanced DBS disclosures
This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020) and will be subject to an enhanced DBS certificate with a children’s barred list check. You will also be required to complete a criminal self-disclosure form if you are short-listed for the post.’
This job post has expired.