- Job role
Suitable for early career teachers
- Chemistry, Science
- Working pattern
- Full time
- Contract type
- Teacher Main Pay Scale
TEACHER OF CHEMISTRY / SCIENCE
REQUIRED FOR SEPTEMBER 2022
At Chosen Hill School, we are seeking an innovative and enthusiastic professional to join our Science faculty to teach Chemistry and Science. We need someone who is passionate with a keen interest in encouraging and inspiring students to love learning in this subject area. We would welcome applications from teachers at all stages of their career from Early Careers Teachers to more experienced teachers looking for that next step, for whom we can provide additional responsibilities. Teachers on the Upper Pay Scale are very welcome to apply.
The successful candidate will be a Chemistry specialist but will be required to support across the Science faculty:
The ideal candidate will:
• be an outstanding teacher with a passion for getting the best from students.
• have excellent and current subject and pedagogical knowledge
• be innovative and inspirational in their teaching, and ambitious for their student’s outcomes
• be able to work collaboratively with colleagues
• be motivated by personal and professional development
We can offer you:
• the chance to work in an innovative and forward-thinking school
• the chance to work in an established and successful Science department with supportive colleagues
• the chance to teach in well-equipped labs with technician support
• a school that values and actively promotes high quality professional development
• a friendly and supportive environment
• the opportunity to work with well-motivated students
• a cycle to work subsidy scheme
Further information is available in the Job Description documents.
Closing date: 27 January 2022
Interview date: Week commencing 31 January 2022
Applying for the job
Please visit our website https://www.chosenhillschool.co.uk/vacancies and follow the link to Eteach where you will find an application form and Job Description
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- School size
- 1316 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
About Chosen Hill School
Chosen Hill School is a thriving comprehensive academy, judged Good by Ofsted in all categories. It is a large, popular and successful 11-18 Academy school, situated in Churchdown, half way between Cheltenham and Gloucester. We have around 1350 students on roll, of which 200 are in the Sixth Form.
Chosen Hill is a happy school, where students, staff and parents work closely in partnership. There is an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
Arranging a visit to Chosen Hill School
School visits are welcomed, Please contact Alison Ewart to arrange.