The Portsmouth Academy is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Computer Science to join our team of committed professionals teaching our fantastic students from years 7 -11.This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic teacher who has a positive and open approach to learning.
Computing plays an important and integral role in our school community. This is reflected in the opening of a brand new Computing suite for 2024 that will sport state of the art equipment.
This post is suitable for an experienced teacher or ECT with a passion for teaching Computer Science.
What you will need to succeed:
For a full list of responsibilities please see the attached job description
- Be a qualified Teacher of Computer Science and able to deliver to KS3 & KS4
- Be passionate about teaching and learning and transforming the life chances of our students
- Outstanding classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum
- High expectations for yourself and the students to ensure that all achieve their very best
- An aspiring leader of learning and happy to grasp exciting CPD opportunities
- Contribute to the values, ethos and the development of our schools
The Portsmouth Academy is focused on providing an inclusive education for all children and ensuring that every child has access to the same opportunities. The Portsmouth Academy’s vision and ethos is rooted in developing aspirational and self-reflective learners who are able to think for themselves and be valuable members of their community. We offer a broad and balanced curriculum in both KS3 and 4, placing significant importance on cultural capital alongside academic achievement.
‘Pupils are happy at school and proud to be members of its community’ – Ofsted, 2022
We are a “Microsoft Showcase School” due to our approach to digital learning. The academy has launched a one:one device policy, so every child in Year 7 and Year 8 has their own laptop, and we are particular interested in finding teachers who have experience of, or would like to develop experience of, teaching with technology.
What our Trust will offer you:
- Minimum starting salary £30,863 for all ECTs
- With an outstanding Leadership and Management team, we are focused on providing our staff with bespoke CPD tailored to the stage they are at in their career.
- Vast support network from senior leaders and other teachers within the school and our Trust to help you deliver outstanding teaching and learning through resources, mentoring and school visits.
- We place a strong emphasis on “Wellbeing for Staff” here at The Portsmouth Academy and were proud to previously receive the Wellbeing award at the Teach Portsmouth Awards.
- A state-of-the-art new building with fantastic facilities to house, art, music drama and humanities.
- Benefit from an internationally accredited pedagogy approach to thinking and learning, which has been proven to enhance classroom practice
- As an accredited Chartered Teacher organisation you can become a recognised Charted Teacher
- Generous employer contribution to the Teachers Pension Scheme
- As a Trust we aim to foster a culture of appreciation with our fantastic Colleague recognition scheme
- Health and Wellbeing benefits including access to Thinking You -A 24/7 employee assistance programme for legal, financial, emergency health or lifestyle support
- A 'Refer a Friend' incentive scheme
- We work closely with Teach Portsmouth and The Portsmouth Education Partnership
- Free parking in our staff car park
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
This job post has expired.