Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
£25,714 per annum to £41,604 per annum (The salary will be dependent on experience but will follow either the Main scale or Upper pay range)
Do you have a passion for Computer Science? We are recruiting a full-time Teacher of Computer Science to join the very successful Department here at John Ferneley College.
We have high aspirations and expectations for each of our students. To achieve our aims, we recruit the most talented teachers to our schools and support their development, career progression and wellbeing within our Trust.
We are looking to appoint an outstanding Teacher of Computer Science with high expectations, accountability, strong classroom management skills and good subject knowledge. You should have a vibrant personality and be prepared to continually develop your skills to ensure enjoyment and rigour in the classroom. We have a strong team ethos and are looking for a like-minded person to join the department at an exciting time of the schools development.
You will need to be resourceful and innovative in your teaching approach and be able to teach all aspects of Computer Science at Key Stage 3 and 4.
We would warmly welcome and encourage applications from Newly Qualified Teachers.
How does our curriculum work?
• as a vehicle to improving social mobility for the town of Melton Mowbray and surrounding areas
• regardless of starting points, all students access an aspirational and flourishing curriculum
• in addition to core curriculum, students are offered a wide range of option subjects
• we have a clear focus on transition between primary and secondary (as part of our ever-growing Trust)
• we are highly committed to offering all students the opportunity to take part in a wide range of enrichment activities, including sport, theatre and performance, outdoor learning and adventurous life-skill activities
We are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of students. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and fluency in the English language.
Working with us will give you:
• an opportunity to work in an exciting, dynamic team with a ‘can do’ attitude to securing an exceptional education for all students at John Ferneley
• you will be working in a school committed to training, staff development and growing ourselves, so that learning and improvement sits at the heart of everything we do
• you will have the opportunity to become involved in a number of development projects to extend your leadership skills
• staff at John Ferneley are known for innovation and continually striving to improve the quality of teaching and learning. You will be joining a team of professionals who are seeking to be at the vanguard of educational developments, both nationally and internationally
• an environment with moral purpose at its heart
• an opportunity to indulge in a passion for your subject area and for teaching and autonomy to focus on subject mastery
• a climate that takes seriously the well-being of its very much valued teaching team
• a comprehensive well-being package of benefits and a sensible approach to teacher workload
• opportunities to develop your career within our growing Trust
• opportunities to extend your reach and impact into primary settings
• opportunities to extend your experience across a range of academic settings
• 1:1 support in strategic career planning
• a culture that takes work-life balance extremely seriously, supported by an internal Staff Well-being Officer and development team
• a personalised CPD programme to help you achieve all you are capable of
• aspirational, happy and hardworking students
• high aspirations for all stakeholders
Applying for the job
For more information about our Trust and schools and to apply for this role, please visit our website at: www.mowbrayeducation.org and www.johnferneley.org/More on how to apply
1187 pupils enrolled
11 to 19
About John Ferneley College
We are an 11-16 secondary academy and part of the Mowbray Education Trust.
Located in the beautiful rural market town of Melton Mowbray, we serve around 1150 students from within Melton Mowbray and beyond.
Everything we do is focussed around ensuring that our young people get the very best support and opportunities we can give them. They deserve nothing less, it's what we're here to do.
We make 6 promises:
The education of the children at John Ferneley will always be our priority
Through our high expectations of the children we serve we are investing in the future of our community
We want the children to work hard, show resilience and enjoy their time with us
We will recruit and retain the best quality staff to ensure our children get the very best education possible
We will be transparent in everything we do
All children are important, we will always challenge them to be their best and no child will be left behind
The Mowbray Education Trust is committed to ensuring that all of our young people get the best support and opportunities that we can give them.
Our Trust serves our communities through providing nurseries, primary and secondary schools that cater for children throughout their formative years. We currently run one nursery and six schools: five primary and one secondary.
We are a community whose vision is that in every one of our settings the children come first. We have high expectations of both our children, and those that teach them.
We recognise and cultivate the talent in our staff and work hard to put only the highest quality teachers in front of our children.
We pride ourselves in our determination to ensure that no child is left behind, and a have a strong and energetic team working to continually drive standards up.
Arranging a visit to John Ferneley College
If you are keen to find out more, then please contact Mrs N Teece (Secondary Lead) on: firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for an informal chat.