Teacher of Computing
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
20 March 2023 at 9am
10 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Computingjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours per week
Full-time equivalent salary
- M1 to UPS3 (£32,409 - £48,054)
What skills and experience we're looking for
The successful applicant will:
- Have a strong belief in comprehensive education
- Have the ability to deliver excellent student outcomes
- Be an innovative and inspirational teacher
- Be committed to their personal and professional development
- Make a positive contribution to the school’s distinctive ethos
- Have the experience of teaching a full age and ability range
- Have the ability to teach Computing across all three key stages
What the school offers its staff
Woodbridge High School is a successful school situated in the heart of Woodford Green, North East London. It is fully comprehensive with an ethnically and socially diverse intake. The school has a strong and distinctive ethos of kindness, strength in diversity, respect, excellence and pride in achievement, which we call ‘The Woodbridge Way’. We enjoy an excellent reputation within the local community. We achieve impressive results year after year from a fully comprehensive intake. We are currently looking for a Teacher of Computing to join our team.
The Computing department offers:
- The opportunity to be a creative practitioner of Computing teaching
- A supportive and expanding department
- A successful and well-resourced department.
- A positive learning and teaching experience in a supportive and friendly environment which is very popular with students.
- Good results at GCSE and A Level
- Very strong student uptake for GCSE and A Level
- A comprehensive ECT programme if required
- An inspirational Head of Department who will work with you as you become an outstanding teacher.
Woodbridge High School offers you:
- The opportunity to work in a highly regarded school
- A welcoming and friendly staff body
- Motivated, well-behaved and friendly students
- Clear behaviour systems and students who understand boundaries
- Opportunities for rapid career development and promotion
- Access to state-of-the-art sports and leisure facilities
- Tailored professional development and training
- A comprehensive staff wellbeing package
Further details about the role
Woodbridge High School is committed to working with local schools and leads on many aspects of school improvement and inter-school development. We would like you to consider being part of our team at this exciting time in our development.
Woodbridge High School welcomes applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We actively seek to ensure that our staff is reflective of the diversity of our student body.
The school is committed to promoting and safe-guarding the welfare of children. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and overseas checks where necessary. Applicants will also be subject to an online search if shortlisted.
Further details about the school, about the post and an application form can be downloaded from the website www.woodbridgehigh.co.uk Please note the school can only consider completed school application forms and not CVs alone.
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Woodbridge High School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1879 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Woodbridge High School website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
Arranging a visit to Woodbridge High School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of Design & Technology
Welham Road, London, SW17 9BU
King Edward VI Grammar School, Chelmsford
Broomfield Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM1 3SX
Jo Richardson Community School
Gale Street, Dagenham, Essex, RM9 4UN
Holland Park School
Airlie Gardens, London, W8 7AF
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Essex, Southend and Thurrock