Teacher of Design/Food Technology
This job expired on 20 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Start date details
Required: September 2023
20 March 2023 at 12pm (midday)
14 February 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4, Key stage 5
- View all Food Technologyjobs
- View all Full timejobs - Full time
What skills and experience we're looking for
The successful candidate will need to be:
- Passionate about teaching and learning and have a positive outlook and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong and effective classroom practice with high expectations for achievements and behaviour
- Be able to plan and deliver a creative and stimulating curriculum and have a thorough knowledge of present curriculum development particularly those relating to Design and Food Technology
What the school offers its staff
Ernest Bevin College will offer you:
- A thriving, innovative learning community, committed to excellence.
- A supportive, welcoming community of professionals.
- A range of professional development opportunities.
- The opportunity to work in a diverse, vibrant and social community.
- Access to our onsite facilities including a 25m swimming pool and fitness studio which can be used outside of the college day.
Further details about the role
Ernest Bevin College, whose students are aged between 11-19, is a vibrant and a truly inclusive all boys college with a mixed sixth form. Based in Tooting, South West London, our college takes pride in having an exceptional level of pastoral care where all staff are dedicated to giving each and every student both a quality learning experience and the life skills that opens doors to any career path they wish to tread in the future.
Our students, governors and staff are now seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and creative Teacher of Design/Food Technology to join our well-equipped DT Department.
Should you feel you have the attributes we are looking for, we would very much look forward to hearing from you.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below. Alternatively, these can be downloaded from the college website. Ernest Bevin College
Completed application forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 20 March 2023 (at noon) Interviews: We reserve the right to interview before the closing date, so candidates are advised to apply as soon as possible.
As part of the shortlisting process, Ernest Bevin College will consider carrying out an online search (including social media) as part of our due diligence for shortlisted candidates.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Please note that we do not accept CVs.
EBC is promoting a green travel policy. We cannot guarantee car parking on site for those joining us.
Beechcroft Road, Tooting,
London, SW17 7DF
Tel: 020 8672 8582
Web: Ernest Bevin College
Commitment to safeguarding
Upload additional documents
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
About Ernest Bevin College
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 18
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 925 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 18
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Ernest Bevin College website (opens in new tab)
- Email address
A community school for boys aged 11-19 with a co-educational Sixth Form in Tooting, SW London.
Similar jobs nearby
Food and Nutrition Teacher (Maternity Cover)
The Reach Free School
Long Lane, Rickmansworth, Hertfordshire, WD3 8AB
Teacher of Design Technology, including Food
Hornchurch High School
Broadstone Road, Hornchurch, Essex, RM12 4AJ
Teacher of Food Technology/Catering
Harris Academy Orpington
Tintagel Road, Kent, BR5 4LG
West Hatch High School
High Road, Chigwell, Essex, IG7 5BT
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in London