Teacher of Design Technology and Graphics
The Stockwood Park Academy, Luton, Bedfordshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||MPS / UPS - £24,373 - £40,490|
The Stockwood Park Academy have a great opportunity for a Teacher of Design Technology and Graphics to join our dynamic and successful team. We are seeking a knowledgeable and dedicated teacher who will support us in raising standards of teaching and learning across the Department and Academy. You will exercise your autonomy and flexibility in creating and establishing new strategies and idea. You will also play an active role in supporting curriculum development to further our successes.
At our academy, we are proud of the unrivalled education experience offered and you will certainly benefit from forward-thinking and supportive leadership, an encouraging and enthusiastic staff body and enterprising students. The Stockwood Park Academy has state of the art facilities, fit for all your teaching needs. Our facilities include sporting and performance equipment which the whole school body are able to enjoy.
At The Stockwood Park Academy, we offer a school that will genuinely invest, support and develop you to become an outstanding practitioner and enable you to keep climbing the career ladder. If you are ambitious about excelling in your career and taking on additional responsibilities, we will give you the opportunities that you crave.
It is incredibly important to us here at The Stockwood Park Academy that all our staff are valued, listened to, mentored, challenged and given adequate opportunities to develop. As a Teaching Trust, we offer exceptional teacher training and high-quality professional development programmes catered to your needs. Consequently, we have many success stories of staff that have joined us and been given excellent CPD and training that has allowed them to climb the career ladder.
• Be able to develop, plan and deliver effective and high quality learning experiences to all students
• Be an aspirational professional who is enthusiastic, influential and committed to working in pursuit of success for the academy and its learners.
• To set high expectations for all pupils, to deepen their knowledge and understanding and to maximise their achievement.
• To assess pupils’ work systematically and use the results to inform future planning, teaching and curricular development.
The successful candidate will:
• Have qualified teacher status and experience delivering Design Technology and Graphics
• Have demonstrable commitment to inclusive teaching and learning.
• Be able to demonstrate the appropriate motivation to work with young people
• Use data to inform target setting and planning.
• Start Date: September 2020
• Salary: MPS / UPS - £24,373 - £40,490
• Job Role: Full time, 1 year FTC in the first instance
(It is likely that the contract will be extended / converted into a permanent contract on successfully passing probation)
Why work for The Stockwood Park Academy:
• £30 million state of the art modern facilities with well-equipped classrooms
• You will be working alongside charismatic, supportive and genuine colleagues and Senior Leadership Team who want to see you succeed and thrive
• A staff wellbeing team that implements various strategies to boost staff engagement including various activities, events, conferences and many other staff benefits
• Unparalleled CPD and training opportunities with cross trust and national development programmes
• Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
|School size||1276 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||The Stockwood Park Academy website (opens in a new window)|
About The Stockwood Park Academy
Rotheram Avenue, Luton, Bedfordshire, LU1 5PP