Teacher of Design & Technology
Weald School, The, Billingshurst, West Sussex
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £24,373 to £40,490|
Teacher of Design & Technology
Full time or part time, permanent post from September 2020
Teachers’ Main Pay Range / Upper Pay Range
We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, talented, committed and inspiring teacher of Design & Technology to join the department from September 2020, on a full time, permanent basis. This position is suitable for NQT and those returning to teaching.
The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. Ofsted judged the school “Outstanding in all areas”. Our three-year rolling average Progress 8 results places us in the top 20% of schools nationally for progress.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and hard-working teacher who meets the criteria below:
● A well-qualified (with Qualified Teacher Status) and enthusiastic teacher of technology who can inspire and engage young people
● A passion for designing and making, and the ability to teach technology at KS3 and KS4 - including Product Design
● The ability to teach Product Design to A level advantageous
● The ability to motivate students and achieve excellent results
● Excellent organisational and IT skills
● The capacity to work collaboratively as part of a team
● A passion for excellence and for the subject
● A willingness to be a form tutor, including the delivery of PSHE
We offer you:
● A positive and innovative learning culture supported by staff, parents and governors
● Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and behave well in lessons and around the school
● A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff who are committed to raising student achievement even further
If you relish the opportunity of working with highly motivated students in a supportive and stimulating professional environment, The Weald School would welcome your application. We also welcome visits to the school from interested candidates. Please contact Yvonne Clements, Headteacher’s PA (firstname.lastname@example.org), if you would like to arrange a visit.
An application pack may be downloaded from our website www.theweald.org.uk. Please note that an application form must be completed for this post and should be returned to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 10am Tuesday 31 March 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Application Form (Teaching Staff) Aug 18.doc  0.14 MB
- Letter to applicant - Technology teacher Mar 20.pdf  0.20 MB
- Technology Dept Info & Person Spec Mar 20 FINAL.pdf  0.13 MB
- Weald School Info Sept 19.pdf  0.33 MB
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||1713 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|Website||Weald School, The website (opens in a new window)|
About Weald School, The
The Weald is an outstanding, high achieving, popular and oversubscribed 11-18 comprehensive school, situated in the heart of the West Sussex countryside, 10 minutes from Horsham, 35 minutes from Guildford and Brighton, and an hour by train to London. The school has an excellent record of academic and pastoral achievement and we pride ourselves in creating a caring and respectful ethos where every child is important. The school was judged to be “Outstanding in all areas” by Ofsted. Our three year rolling average Progress 8 results places us in the top 20% of schools nationally for progress.
Station Road, Billingshurst, West Sussex, RH14 9RY