Teacher of Drama
Teacher of Drama
We are looking for a teacher to join our amazing team. This is a great opportunity for an
enthusiastic teacher wanting to make a difference and grow professionally.
Gladesmore is a very friendly place to work with a rich ethnic and linguistically diverse staff and student community.
The ethos is inspiring and positive. In three successive Ofsted inspections the school has been judged
to be outstanding in every category and exemplary in these.
Please see the school website for the application pack or contact the school for further details.
We reserve the right to interview strong candidates prior to the closing date so we encourage you to submit your application early.
Closing Date: Monday 14th October 2019
Interviews: Friday 18th October 2019
Gladesmore Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Appointment to this post will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Scheme, confirmation of qualifications, experience checks and satisfactory references.
Essential educational requirements
• Qualified teacher status
• Secure track record of professional development
Qualified teacher status
Relevant successful teaching experience
• Relevant experience of curriculum and assessment as it relates to subject.
• Good knowledge of recent developments in teaching and learning
• Broad knowledge of the curriculum
• Knowledge and understanding of data and its use in raising achievement
• Knowledge of spiritual, moral, social, cultural and citizenship education
Essential skills and experience
• Understanding of strategies for ensuring equal opportunities for pupils
• Excellent empathy and rapport with pupils in a diverse school context
• Excellent ability to explain things clearly
• Able to promote high expectations
• Belief, commitment and ability to inspire and implement actions to foster the achievement of all pupils.
• Excellent pupil discipline skills
• Excellent organisation skills
• Self-motivated to gain the best out of the pupils
• Effective organization, communication and administration skills
• Ability to effectively promote staff well-being and promote high morale.
• Able to work well as part of a team.
• Inspire confidence in pupils so that they can succeed and achieve their personal best
• Excellent teacher of pupils across the full range of abilities
• Excellent skills in the management of pupils from all backgrounds
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
Main Scale Pay
About Gladesmore Community School
- Crowland Road, London, N15 6EB
- LA Maintained School
- Gladesmore Community School website (opens in a new window)