£29915 - £41136 per annum
Teacher of Drama (Maternity Cover)
1 Windmill Road
Edmonton, LONDON, N18 1NB
Main Pay Range (Outer London weighting)
Full Time, Maternity Cover
September 2021 start date
Inspire their remarkable with us
Aylward Academy is an inclusive 11-19 community school and proud to serve the communities around Enfield.
Over the last 4 years our school has been transformed and we are looking forward to continued success.
If you're an outstanding, enthusiastic and ambitious Teacher of Drama who can teach at KS3/KS4 and across all ability ranges, and thinking about your next career move, please get in touch. We are looking for teachers who can demonstrate high standards of delivery in a consistent manner and be committed to improving achievement across all key stages. We warmly welcome applications from both newly qualified teachers and also more experienced practitioners for this maternity cover position.
We can offer you:
* The CPD at Aylward is excellent, there is a wide range of personalised opportunities to develop your practice and further develop your career. As a team we support and challenge each other through meetings, peer observation, mentoring and team planning.
* Opportunities to join a career development programme in line with your professional development - ie Ambition School Leadership, Transforming Teacher programme, Tailored Support Programme
* An extremely diverse and engaging student body; working at Aylward will prepare you for any London school and is an exciting challenge for those who're looking to teach a vibrant multicultural mix of all abilities
* Friendly and supportive SLT - the door is always open to speak freely to senior leaders and you will be warmly received from your very first day
What you can offer us:
* The ability to engage a team of colleagues, inspire trust, and implement the right strategies within your classroom to ensure sustained progress across the subject
* Be committed to continuous improvement and development of both your students, yourself and the department
* Commitment to engage with and inspire pupils and build excellent relationships
At Academies Enterprise Trust, we passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life.
It's what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you'll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we're inspiring.
* More opportunity to grow your career - We'll support you in developing your career and experience at this school or another AET school.
* More tailored support - We understand every academy is unique. We'll give you tailored support and flexibility, allowing you to do what's best for your children.
* More chance to see what's out there - We create opportunities for teachers to visit other AET academies and learn from outside experience.
* More like minded colleagues, so you can benefit from others' experience - You're connected to our network of 58 academies and thousands of education professionals.
* More technology so you can make more impact - Google Workspace Enterprise for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
* More time - We strive to minimise unnecessary distractions so you can have energy for your job, and your life.
Closing date: Monday 10 May 2021
Interviews will take place shortly after the closing date. This is a fixed term, maternity cover position for one year or until the current postholder's return.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. Come inspire their remarkable with us, apply today.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Academies Enterprise Trust embraces diversity and promotes equality of opportunity. Job share, part time and flexible working opportunities will be considered.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and there is a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET is recruiting for School Direct placements.
Please visit our website https://sites.google.com/aetinet.org/academies-enterprise-trust/work-at-aet/initial-teacher-training for further details.
Safer Recruitment Statement Vision Brochure
Teacher of Drama - JD.pdfMore on how to apply