Teacher of English
This job expired on 1 May 2023 – see similar jobs
1 May 2023 at 11:59pm
23 March 2023
- View all Englishjobs
Full-time equivalent salary
- £30,000-£45,200 per annum
Teacher of English job summary
Looking for your first job or a new role?
Do you want a new, exciting challenge?
Teacher of English
An Exciting Opportunity to join Nova Hreod Academy - the most improved school in Swindon
Bordering on the beautiful Cotswolds and within commuting distance of Bristol, Bath, Reading and Oxford
Salary: Highly competitive
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
We are looking for an English Teacher to join our dynamic English team. As well as welcoming applications from experienced teachers and those relocating to the area, the school can offer an excellent support network and induction programme for Newly Qualified Teachers who are committed to helping young people realise their potential.
Nova Hreod Academy is an ambitious school with a track record of continuous improvement. Our school ethos is rooted in our core principles of Drive, Integrity, Scholarship and Contribution. As our students develop these attributes during their time with us, they move towards adulthood, better prepared to take on the challenges they will face. We want all our students to flourish academically and personally in an aspirational and supportive environment.
We are proud to have a knowledge rich curriculum, research informed teaching and amazing facilities. Teachers joining our team receive excellent CPD to develop their subject knowledge, their pedagogy and their classroom management. They have access to collaboratively planned schemes of work and lesson resources.
We guarantee structures which enable disruption free learning in every lesson. We have a highly supportive and hands-on SLT who take responsibility for creating a culture which is calm and respectful. We have a dedicated team of non-teaching, pastoral and SEN staff working with SLT and teachers to support pupils.
Our house system, student leadership opportunities, Nova Charter and SuperNova extra-curricular programme ensure our students have an extensive range of opportunities to develop character, demonstrate compassion and contribute to the community.
We are looking for an English teacher who:
- is passionate about their subject and is a great practitioner with high expectations and good classroom management
- is interested in the science of learning and is committed to continuous improvement
- can demonstrate excellent organisational and inter-personal skills and the ability to contribute to a team
- has clear vision, energy and commitment to all aspects of school life
- has a desire and passion to make a real difference to the lives and life-chances of our students
Nova Hreod Academy can offer you:
- enthusiastic, friendly and well-behaved students who deserve the very best teachers
- a superb building with state-of-the-art facilities
- hardworking, dedicated and enthusiastic staff
- a rigorous whole-school discipline policy effectively supported by the senior leadership team.
- a committed team of English teachers who have been working together to develop their Mastery Curriculum
- supportive leadership and a committed Governing Body
- a guaranteed CPD offer with real opportunities to develop as a teacher
Why choose Nova Hreod Academy
We can offer you a school where we are proud to teach a knowledge-rich curriculum and you will receive excellent CPD to develop your subject pedagogy and classroom management. You will have access to collaboratively planned schemes of work and lesson resources. We guarantee disruption free learning in EVERY lesson. We have a highly supportive and hands-on SLT who take responsibility for creating a calm and respectful ethos.
We have a dedicated team of non-teaching pastoral and SEN staff work with SLT and teachers to support pupils and this enables us to have a 98% record of homework completion with centralised detentions for non-completion. We also have an amazing varied extra-curricular programme which helps our students grow and develop into rounded individuals.
About Nova Hreod Academy
- School type
- Academy, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 898 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- School website
- Nova Hreod Academy website (opens in new tab)
Similar jobs nearby
Abbey Park School
The Learning Campus, Swindon, SN25 2ND
English Teacher - Maternity Cover
The Deanery CE Academy
Peglars Way, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 7DA
Cirencester Deer Park School
Stroud Road, Cirencester, Gloucestershire, GL7 1XB
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Swindon and Wiltshire and Swindon