||Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. The Nobel School is a very exciting and vibrant Ofsted rated “Good” secondary school with 1490 on roll, covering the full age and ability range, the majority of whom continue their education into our flourishing sixth form.
• We provide a comprehensive induction programme for all colleagues joining our school and all our new teaching staff are paired with a buddy to support them.
• On-going in-house professional development is an expectation for all via our core CPD days; after school Pit Stops; open classroom weeks; our teaching and learning journal; Lead Practitioners; middle leader training; and open door policy practiced by both our Senior Leadership Team and our Directors of Faculty, all of which support the aims of our school improvement plan and encourage colleagues to develop their careers with opportunities provided for staff to advance within school, as well as offering support for those who may wish to find promotion elsewhere.
• We are active members of the Stevenage Educational Trust (http://www.educationtrust.org.uk/) and the North Herts Teaching Alliance (http://www.northhertsteachingalliance.org/) so we have excellent links with other schools in the area, plus robust networking and CPD opportunities.
• All NQTs are given a mentor and 10% release time to enable them to see examples of excellent practice across our school. They are also supported through the Stevenage Educational Trust (http://www.educationtrust.org.uk/) and receive specific training through Herts for Learning (http://www.hertsforlearning.co.uk/team/nqt-induction-service).
• Competitive salaries and pay progression - all our staff are entitled to an annual professional appraisal review, with strong performance evaluation systems and linked pay progression.
• Our recent rebuilding programme means that we have a ‘state of the art’ £38 million 21st century school with outstanding facilities (http://thenobelschool.org/venues/school-facilities/).
• Our Governing Body comprises professional people from business, finance and education (http://thenobelschool.org/about-the-school/governors/). Our Governors have both general and specialist roles in supporting the school and are very active backers of the leadership, staff and students. Additionally, the school has well-established and very close community links, with strong parental support.
• Occupational Health with Carewell – a free and confidential 24-hour employee assistance programme which provides advice and support, including a counselling service.
• Free, onsite parking for all staff.
• We have superb sports facilities that include a large sports hall, a gymnasium, a dance studio, AstroTurf, a climbing wall, a multi-use games areas and the trim trail. In addition to these facilities, we have a fitness centre available for use by staff for free until 6pm (http://thenobelschool.org/venues/fitness-suite/).
• Staff well-being survey (annual).
• Christmas and summer all-staff parties plus regular faculty-wide socials.
• VDU and eye tests as appropriate.
• Teaching Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions and the option to make additional contributions.
• Child Care Voucher Salary Sacrifice Scheme, with access to tax free childcare vouchers.
• Reduced rates for facilities hire (http://thenobelschool.org/venues/).
• Lunches are provided free on weekdays during term time for those that undertake school duties. The meals are prepared daily from fresh ingredients by the school’s caterers and hot and cold food choices are available.
• Local and national retail discounts - our school is a member of Herts Rewards, an online 'one-stop' portal (http://www.countyofopportunity.co.uk/about-us/rewards-benefits/).
Applying for the job
Please complete our application form together with a letter of application that should be no longer than two sides of A4 (Arial, font 11). In your letter you should address: your vision and values relating to the post and why you want to join the Nobel community.
More on how to apply
About The Nobel School
As a school, we have the very highest expectations of our students. Our core principle will always be that we endeavour to improve the teaching and learning in the school. We are therefore committed to recruiting only the very best teachers and have the highest expectations in terms of lesson planning, classroom delivery and student assessment. In return, we provide excellent working conditions, first rate CPD and a real sense of community.
Arranging a visit to The Nobel School
To arrange an informal visit please contact Liz Maden at HR@nobel.herts.sch.uk
Mobbsbury Way, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG2 0HS