Teacher of English
The Nobel School, Stevenage, Hertfordshire
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
Teacher of English
• Our recent rebuilding programme means that we have a ‘state of the art’ £38 million 21st century school with outstanding facilities (http://thenobelschool.org/venues/school-facilities/).
• Our Governing Body comprises professional people from business, finance and education (http://thenobelschool.org/about-the-school/governors/). Our Governors have both general and specialist roles in supporting the school and are very active backers of the leadership, staff and students. Additionally, the school has well-established and very close community links, with strong parental support.
• Occupational Health with Carewell – a free and confidential 24-hour employee assistance programme which provides advice and support, including a counselling service.
• Free, onsite parking for all staff.
• We have superb sports facilities that include a large sports hall, a gymnasium, a dance studio, AstroTurf, a climbing wall, a multi-use games areas and the trim trail. In addition to these facilities, we have a fitness centre available for use by staff for free until 6pm (http://thenobelschool.org/venues/fitness-suite/).
• Staff well-being survey (annual).
• Christmas and summer all-staff parties plus regular faculty-wide socials.
• VDU and eye tests as appropriate.
• Teaching Pension Scheme with generous employer contributions and the option to make additional contributions.
• Child Care Voucher Salary Sacrifice Scheme, with access to tax free childcare vouchers.
• Reduced rates for facilities hire (http://thenobelschool.org/venues/).
• Lunches are provided free on weekdays during term time for those that undertake school duties. The meals are prepared daily from fresh ingredients by the school’s caterers and hot and cold food choices are available.
• Local and national retail discounts - our school is a member of Herts Rewards, an online 'one-stop' portal (http://www.countyofopportunity.co.uk/about-us/rewards-benefits/).
Applying for the job
Please complete our application form together with a letter of application that should be no longer than two sides of A4 (Arial, font 11). In your letter you should address: your vision and values relating to the post and why you want to join the Nobel community.More on how to apply
- 2. Job Description and Person Specification - Teacher of English.docx  0.13 MB
- 3. Why you should choose Nobel.docx  0.05 MB
- Safer Recruitment Policy.pdf  0.15 MB
- Being an NQT at Nobel School.pdf  0.08 MB
- Child Protection Policy October 2017.pdf  0.61 MB
- 1. Teacher of English (maternity cover) application form.docx  0.15 MB
|School type||LA Maintained School|
|School size||1451 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 18|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||The Nobel School website (opens in a new window)|
About The Nobel School
Thank you for your interest in this vacancy. The Nobel School is a very exciting and vibrant Ofsted rated “Good” secondary school with 1490 on roll, covering the full age and ability range, the majority of whom continue their education into our flourishing sixth form.
Our school continues to make progress and close gaps. Our Attainment 8 score and Ebacc Average Point Score, over the past three years has been in line or above the national average for schools. In addition, the school has made significant improvements for vulnerable groups; Nobel CLA students’ progress score was better than the 2018 and 2019 national CLA figure. The progress of disadvantaged students is showing a continuing three year trend of improvement. The progress of students in English was above national progress levels for every group level and 80% of students gained a 4 or above in English. KS5 outcomes have been consistently strong over the last six years with four years having a Value Added score that has been significantly positive compared to national. The size of The Nobel School Sixth Form has increased year on year and the school supports students to attain relevant qualifications so that they progress to the next stage of their education and into courses that lead to higher level qualifications and jobs that meet local and national needs.
Arranging a visit to The Nobel School
To arrange an informal visit please contact Liz Maden at HR@nobel.herts.sch.uk
Mobbsbury Way, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG2 0HS