Teacher of English
This job expired on 24 March 2023 – see similar jobs
Job start date
1 September 2023
24 March 2023 at 5pm
10 March 2023
- Key stage 3, Key stage 4
- View all Englishjobs
- View all Full timejobs - 32.5 hours a week
- MPR / UPR
What skills and experience we're looking for
The successful candidate will be:
- An excellent and ambitious classroom practitioner
- Committed to achieving the very best outcomes for our students
- Able to create a stimulating learning environment to promote exceptional progress
- Passionate about teaching and learning and your own professional development
- Be reflective and willing to progress and take on ideas and current educational practice.
Able to make a significant contribution to the development of English and work with an aspirational and innovative team of colleagues
What the school offers its staff
Why apply to work at Brighton Hill Community School?
- Exceptional support from the Faculty and the Senior Leadership Team.
- “The drive to continually improve the school is relentless. Leaders and governors constantly focus on their vision of ‘making success inevitable.” (Ofsted April ‘22)
- ” Staff praise the work of leaders and say they are proud of the school. Staff explained that the effective professional development they receive results in continuing improvements to pupils’ learning and pastoral care.” (Ofsted ‘22)
- “Lessons are calm and focused. When asking pupils about this, one simply explained, ‘It’s how we do it here. “(Ofsted ‘22)
- The quality of education Good
Behaviour and attitudes Outstanding
Personal development Outstanding
Leadership and management Outstanding
- Support to be innovative and develop your professional skills, with our bespoke and expansive CPD programme.
- Benefit from our alliance with the Teaching School and to collaborate with colleagues.
- Opportunities to contribute towards the planning and delivery of English
- Work within an established team who are highly resourced and have a strong sense of collaboration and support for each other as a team.
- Benefit from our accomplished delivery of the ECF programme as a local delivery provider.
- Opportunities to contribute to an extensive extra-curricular programme for students.
Further details about the role
Due to rapidly increasing student numbers, we are seeking an innovative, highly effective and inspirational full time Teacher of English from September 2023. A recruitment allowance will be considered for an appropriately experienced teacher who has the right skills and attributes.
Brighton Hill Community School has been rated as ‘Good’ with Outstanding in three of the four Ofstedcategories. We are a rapidly growing coeducational 11-16 Community School with 1250 students. The successful candidate will teach across KS3 and KS4 as a member of the English Faculty. You will be able to demonstrate a range of abilities and aspirations to make a significant and positive contribution to the vision of the school and faculty.
Commitment to safeguarding
About Brighton Hill Community School
- School type
- Local authority maintained school, ages 11 to 16
- Education phase
- View all Secondaryjobs
- School size
- 1086 pupils enrolled
- Age range
- 11 to 16
- Ofsted report
- View Ofsted report (opens in new tab)
- Email address
- Phone number
- 01256 362523
Brighton Hill Community School is rated as ‘Good’ by Ofsted and is a rapidly improving coeducational 11-16 Community School with 1110 students.
Arranging a visit to Brighton Hill Community School
To arrange a visit and increase the chance of a successful application email email@example.com.
Similar jobs nearby
Teacher of English - Blessed Hugh Faringdon School
Blessed Hugh Faringdon Catholic School
Fawley Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG30 3EP
Maiden Erlegh School in Reading
81 Crescent Road, Reading, RG1 5SL
Teacher of Reading and Phonics Intervention
Violet Road, Southampton, Hampshire, SO16 3GJ
St John's Road, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 9RN
Get a job alert when similar jobs are listed
Find more school jobs in Basingstoke and Hampshire