Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
Main pay range 1 to Upper pay range 3, £28,355 to £44,541
Due to expansion in this department, we are looking to appoint dynamic, committed and enthusiastic teachers to join the school as it enters its next phase of development. Whether continuing or starting your teaching career, joining RTS will provide a unique once in a lifetime opportunity to contribute to shaping a new school from scratch.
We are seeking individuals who:
• are motivated by strong moral purpose and ambition for every single student
• are passionate about their subject specialism
• are genuinely committed to teamwork
• have substance and credibility as a teacher
Through our School Trust Partnerships, we provide the support needed for your continued professional growth and development.
Prospective candidates are welcome to come for an informal visit to the school before submitting their application. Alternatively, you are welcome to discuss any questions you may have prior to submitting your application; please contact Barbara Munro, PA to the Head Teacher on 0208 891 2985 or email@example.com to arrange a suitable time.
● The school is well placed for excellent transport links whether travelling by foot, cycle, car, bus or train.
● There are ample secure cycle racks for staff to use (as well as staff showering facilities on site), as well as access to a ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme.
● The site also has a secure, controlled access car park for staff to use with direct access to the A316.
● The school is well served by local bus routes in all directions; and is within easy walking distance to Twickenham train station, which is in Zone 3 and well served by South Western Trains. The station has recently benefited from a major redevelopment with a new station building, residential accommodation and retail outlets.
At RTS, there is a focus on developing community and positive staff wellbeing through:
● Quiz nights;
● Free yoga and relaxation sessions;
● Staff-led fitness;
● Staff ‘pique-nique’ events;
● Seasonal gatherings as well as
● Complimentary tea and coffee in the light and airy staff social room.
● There is an extensive programme of continuing professional development which extends to internal and external specialists, as well as partnerships with other educational and business providers. Reciprocal school visits are encouraged with existing arrangements already in place.
● Membership of a pension scheme is available.
● The school has a two-week Autumn half-term break.
● RTS is proud of its well-established links within the community and has an active PTA. We welcome and encouraged local businesses and groups to join us during the annual Summer and Christmas Fairs.
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
444 pupils enrolled
11 to 16
About The Richmond upon Thames School
We are seeking resilient and forward-thinking teachers to support me my senior team realise our Trust’s vision that every student will leave RTS with excellent academic outcomes a clear purpose for the next stage of their lives. have already established vibrant, inclusive school provides an experience member its community. With 600 students across Years 7, 8, 9 10 year growing 750, years which follow promise be very exciting time. Until 2021, when we full, continue grow into permanent building new sports centre. The is uniquely situated on Richmond Education Enterprise Campus Clarendon Special School, Capella House Upon Thames College.
Arranging a visit to The Richmond upon Thames School
Prospective candidates are welcome to discuss any questions that you may have prior to submitting your application; please contact Barbara Munro, PA to the Head Teacher via firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time.