Teacher of English
Clifton Community School, Rotherham, South Yorkshire
|Job role||Suitable for NQTs|
|Working pattern||Full-time only|
|Salary||Main pay range 1 to Main pay range 6, £24,373 to £35,971|
Clifton Community School seeks applications from highly motivated candidates who possess excellent knowledge and understanding of their subject. You must possess the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students and share our single goal of ‘students first’. This would be an exciting opportunity for a NQT.
You will work at Clifton Community School in Rotherham and benefit from the opportunities offered by a large and successful family of schools. The Multi-Academy Trust runs a number of schools in Rotherham including Wickersley School & Sports College and Rawmarsh Community School. Clifton is a thriving, multi-cultural, 11-16 school of 800 students, which was rebuilt in 2005. It is a school with high expectations and a student centred focus. Ofsted 2019 acknowledged that Leaders and teachers have a real passion for doing their best for pupils. Clifton is a ‘Good’ school (Ofsted December 2019), with the drive and determination to be outstanding.
The English Faculty demands high expectations of both staff and students. Clifton’s English Faculty is a place where staff are encouraged to develop as practitioners, to collaborate and feel valued for the essential contributions that all staff make. You will be joining an enthusiastic and successful team: supporting, challenging and enjoying teaching and learning. This position is an ideal opportunity to make a difference to the lives of young people, there is no better place to do it.
In addition, Clifton works in partnership with Wickersley School & Sports College and this offers:
• The opportunity to work and progress across the family of schools
• The support and expertise of our outstanding faculties working across the family of schools
• Opportunities for significant career development
• A full and detailed programme of support and development for NQTs and Recently Qualified Teachers
• Access to an outstanding programme of continuing professional development across the multi academy trust
Closing date: Noon on Friday 24th January 2020
Application forms, further details about the English faculty can be found on our website at www.cliftonschool.org. You may also request a pack by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms should be returned to Miss M Payton, PA to the Headteacher, Clifton Community School, Middle Lane, Rotherham S65 2SN (email@example.com).
In line with our commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students, the appointment will be subject to an enhanced criminal record check and satisfactory references.
Please note we operate safer recruitment and we do not accept CV’s, all applicants must complete an application form in full.
Essential educational requirements
• Degree in relevant subject
• Qualified Teacher Status/Newly Qualified Teacher Status
• Degree in relevant subject
Essential skills and experience
• Evidence of a successful experience as a student during teaching practice, within the secondary age range (if NQT)
• A commitment to future training and development
• Self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work on own
• Interest in practical/creative teaching
• Ability to organise and supervise the work of students so as
to ensure that they make good progress
• Outstanding classroom management
• Conscientious, honest and reliable
• Able to make carefully considered decisions, work on own
• Capacity to motivate, inspire and challenge young people
• Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with a
range of adults and students
• An understanding of and commitment to equal
opportunities issues both within the workplace and the community in general
• Ability to identify risks within personal objectives
• A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults
CPDMore on how to apply
|School size||812 pupils enrolled|
|Age range||11 to 16|
|Ofsted report||View Ofsted report|
|School website||Clifton Community School website (opens in a new window)|
About Clifton Community School
Middle Lane, Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S65 2SN