Teacher, Suitable for NQTs
The Bishop of Winchester Academy
Teacher of English
This is an exciting opportunity for a teacher of English to join an academy that is ambitious to be recognised as inspirational.
The successful applicant will:
• Play an important role in helping move the English department to the next stages of its development
• Be able to teach GCSE and A-level
• Be dynamic, highly motivated, and innovative.
• Be able to inspire students to have high expectations.
• Be a positive and supportive mentor to students.
The post offers excellent opportunities for an ambitious teacher to develop their skills further within an exciting and innovative environment. Including:
• An excellent CPD programme including training and in department development time
• Outstanding teaching facilities with interactive whiteboards in all classrooms
• A robust behaviour system allowing teaching staff to deliver high quality learning opportunities to students
• Well maintained site located in close proximity to beaches and the Jurassic Coast
• Cycle to work scheme
If you need these documents in an accessible format, please contact the school.
Academy, Church of England, ages 11 to 18
1128 pupils enrolled
11 to 18
About The Bishop of Winchester Academy
The Bishop of Winchester Academy is an oversubscribed and thriving Church of England School, recognised by Ofsted as ‘Improving the life chances of all our pupils’ (May 2017). There are opportunities to join our motivated and ambitious team driven by the mantra of high expectations – no excuses.
Ofsted have recognised the many strengths of our Academy including:
“The outstanding curriculum has a significant impact on increasing students’ attendance and enjoyment of learning and on the improvements in their achievement.”
“Students behaviour is outstanding. This is a huge success for the Academy.”
“The Principal provides the school with outstanding leadership. He is supported extremely well by senior leaders.”